New ps at NED track rental

Pronto

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
I wanted to learning more about my TT 6.0 chip and Powerlogger so Al and I decided to go do a track rental day. Neither of us had done a rental before. Way better for tuning than at night. Plenty of time to race and tune with no pressure to get done befor the track goes away. Dan and Russ there with Melissa's GN. They were spectating. With some advice and encouragement I ran 3 successive 1.5 60's, sub 11.5s and 117.23 top mph. Lots of fun!
60' 1.532 60' 1.509 60' 1.525
1/8 7.217 1/8 7.187 1/8 7.209
mph 93.11 mph 93.43 mph 93.40
1/4 11.479 1/4 11.384 1/4 11.4
mph 114.02 mph 116.98 mph 117.23

The 1.509 60' was on a 20lb footbrake launch. I knew right from the getgo it was going to be great run. Locking the converter knocked off more than half a tenth and gave an extra 3 mph.:cool:

Felt awsome. I think I got the front up on that one. Wish someone got a pic.

Nice job man! That thing was hookin great! Gotta love those 20# foot brake launches. Had fun watchin your hard earned success!

Did you weigh your car anytime yesterday?

Thanks! I was afraid they would boot me but Al told me you thought they would not bother so I went for it. I'm glad I did! I weighed it last year, 3650 with me in it, that includes the spare and jack. I don't do any tricks to lighten it, although I have considered an aluminum driveshaft. Al wants me to go to light wheels but I like the idea of not being flashy. My old T/A was too flashy. Sneak attack is more fun. I figure if I come across some nitwit on the street, I have a real good idea of what I can do in street trim.

Think I got a tenth or two left. Russ says more alky and pull fuel. I'll have to wait till spring for that.

No. I went there once 9 years ago for a Pontiac event but it rained. It looked like a nice track though. I don't think I'd drive there and race because of the distance. Al's got a trailer so if we went out to there it would be for him to race.

Great times and Happy to hear you had fun!

BTW I like the sleeper effect too:wink:

Now that my car is back up and running, I can't wait to get back to the track and max out this 6265 turbo:wink:

If I didn't have that Funeral to attend I could have come to watch & pester GRUMPY.
Then I could have gone right to work 20 mins from there.

I would have video taped ya too.

It is soo nice to race in daylight... I love those time & like riding with you when you beat up on those unsuspecting victims.

We didn't do ****, we just cheered him on. Told him to lock it up but he was already gonna try that anyway. Track was there and HE drove it!! It was pretty funny to watch, he did real good!

Well, I did want to make a good show since I knew I'ld be under the watchfull eye of Grumpy. ;)

Did you have anyone there to take pics? I bet you have some great screen shots. How long does it take to get to 20psi?

Are you going to BG in 2010? I may go just to run the alky class. Its so much more fun to run the car pretty much the same way you drive it on the street.

Did you have anyone there to take pics? I bet you have some great screen shots. How long does it take to get to 20psi?

Are you going to BG in 2010? I may go just to run the alky class. Its so much more fun to run the car pretty much the same way you drive it on the street.

Unfortunately I only have a few videos of Al. I'm working on getting them done. On the Powerlogger it takes 2.5 seconds from 0 boost to 1mph. So that takes into account staging since I start to load the converter at prestage and a full tree drop. The R/T was 1.31 so that's about right.

I wish I could go to BG next year. It's my 25th anniversary and we have plans to go back to the Alps to retrace our honeymoon.

I know alot of people do all kinds of stuff to go down the track. I don't even take out the spare. I pretty much air down the tires and do a once over safety check.

I can't imagine what a 20 psi launch feels like! Are your rear brakes stock? I'd be afraid to leave my rearend at the starting line. Congrats on the new numbers.