You can type here any text you want

New record for a Buick V6.. Gallina/Freeman run 7.26 @192+MPH!!! **Video**

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
what's the set up. Thats awesome.

Duttweiler built Stage2 twin turbo motor and a powerglide trans... Also, from what Len says this pass was made with an air-air IC which makes this pass even more impressive!

here are a few pics of the car and motor i took up at the WCN last year in Nov. not sure if he had changed anything in the last few months.

PICT0244.jpg

PICT0243.jpg

DSCF3252.jpg

DSCF3251.jpg

DSC04226.jpg

the new motor is 274 ci. with a pair of gt 42/94 turbo's. the intercooler was an air to air on the 7.26 run. but is now being boxed in. and we will fill it with ice and water. we are now playing with an NOS kit for spool up as the turbo's are a little slow to spool. the funny thing is we are not up all the way on the boost yet. and it was so hot in vegas that day, we took timing out and added fuel to be safe. if the track will hold us in BG, it should make for some fast a$$ run's! :cool:

Thanks for the info Len... Hopefully the track prep at BG is up to snuff and maybe we could see that elusive 6 sec pass!:eek: :biggrin: :cool:

thanks for the pics.. Looks like santhuff struts on there.. he lives down the street from me

the new motor is 274 ci. with a pair of gt 42/94 turbo's. the intercooler was an air to air on the 7.26 run. but is now being boxed in. and we will fill it with ice and water. we are now playing with an NOS kit for spool up as the turbo's are a little slow to spool. the funny thing is we are not up all the way on the boost yet. and it was so hot in vegas that day, we took timing out and added fuel to be safe. if the track will hold us in BG, it should make for some fast a$$ run's! :cool:

Len,

Are those turbos BB???
For those that don't know those turbos are 70MM GT42s.
The Precision Turbo Product Code is GT427094 and they are rated at 900HP each. These are really nice, I was looking at something similar for my junk.
They also now have the 70/94 wheel in a smaller GT40 frame rated at 850HP.

Good luck in BG, 6s or bust!!!

Len,

Are those turbos BB???
For those that don't know those turbos are 70MM GT42s.
The Precision Turbo Product Code is GT427094 and they are rated at 900HP each. These are really nice, I was looking at something similar for my junk.
They also now have the 70/94 wheel in a smaller GT40 frame rated at 850HP.

Good luck in BG, 6s or bust!!!
they are duel ball bearing turbo's with 74 mm compresser wheels!

they are duel ball bearing turbo's with 74 mm compresser wheels!

If they are 74MM wheels then they are the GT4202Rs, that is the GT42 Turbine side with a 74MM inducer and 102MM excducer compressor wheel with a dual bb center section.
They are rated at 1000 HP by Garrett.
Precision calls them GT427402Rs and they are rated at 1100 HP each.

These turbos seem a little big for the hp potential of the motor.
Chris Chow has a set of those on his 390ci SBC and they will spool on the foot break. They made over 1800HP with mild timing and ~27psi on his motor with a air to air. They should make over 2000 on kill.

I would like to try the GT4094R which has the 70MM GT wheel from the GT4294 but with the smaller GT40 Turbine side...

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...tp&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-047&Category_Code=BCS

If they are 74MM wheels then they are the GT4202Rs, that is the GT42 Turbine side with a 74MM inducer and 102MM excducer compressor wheel with a dual bb center section.
They are rated at 1000 HP by Garrett.
Precision calls them GT427402Rs and they are rated at 1100 HP each.

These turbos seem a little big for the hp potential of the motor.
Chris Chow has a set of those on his 390ci SBC and they will spool on the foot break. They made over 1800HP with mild timing and ~27psi on his motor with a air to air. They should make over 2000 on kill.

I would like to try the GT4094R which has the 70MM GT wheel from the GT4294 but with the smaller GT40 Turbine side...

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...tp&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-047&Category_Code=BCS
:confused: maybe im wrong, i'll ask kenny. btw how do you know all this info? you need to get out of the house more often! and come to BG.:smile:

Congrats on the times. Very impressive car. You are definitely there and if the track is right at BG, 6s should be no problemo. I remember talking to Kenny about a year and a half ago about the GT42s. He called wanting to pick Harrys brain but Harry wasn't there. So he picked mine. :eek: Those turbos are excellent in a twin configuration, only thing I can recommend is to make sure you have large enough blow off valves (Plural x2) because I had customers report issues with the screw on compressor wheel GT4294R and GT4202R on single rotary applications. Seems they were running small Tial 50mm B/O valves and when transitioning from WOT to shut down, the wheels were coming unscrewed and exiting the vehicle. Look out!!!

They installed the large Pro Charger B/O valve and their problems went away. Now, given these guys were running insane boost levels, but this is something that I recommend to anyone who runs a turbo that has the compressor wheel that screws onto the shaft. We did not have any reported issues with the bolt on wheel equipped GT4276R. One thing you can do to keep an eye on them would be to use a permanent marker and mark the position of the wheel in relation to the center of the turbine wheel shaft. Check them with a mirror between rounds after they have cooled down. Just a preventive maintenance tip. It's happened and I would hate to see it happen to such a fast Buick.

Those new GT4094Rs do look to be a killer setup for a street driven car with twins, the only thing I would recommend would be to keep an eye on back pressure as there are limited to only 4 Garrett turbine housing options. (.85, .95, 1.06 & 1.19 A/R) The kicker is, they are divided Tangential T4 styles which could become a restriction at higher boost levels. On a Stage II 274+ setup, I would go straight for the 1.06 A/R housings because of them not only being divided housings, but also because they are dual bb. And on a SB V8 I would go with the 1.19s.

TurboByGarrett.com - Catalog

Two of them should be good for around 1400-1500 hp to the tires with decent street manners. PTE does indeed make standard T4 Tangential un divided turbine housings for that turbo, if in fact it has the exact same GT40R turbine wheel and the housing bolts to the CHRA the same. If so, those should be available in .68, (TH6840R) .81 (TH8140R) and .96 (TH9640R) If you wanted to run the PTE housings on a S2 274+, then I would go with either the .81 or the .96s, depending on the rpm range of the motor and if 1/4 or 1/8 racing.

I can't wait to see the Blue car run at BG, I wish you guys the best of luck.

Patrick

wow more tech info posted in public than ive seen in a while !!!! :eek: thanks patrick;)

:confused: maybe im wrong, i'll ask kenny. btw how do you know all this info? you need to get out of the house more often! and come to BG.:smile:

"How do you kill that which has no life?"

There is nothing but work, baby and it there is a little time left over
Turbos, MMA and FFXI.

To be serious I have a passion for this crap.

To be serious I have a passion for this crap.

that is the mildest understatement i have ever heard!!!!!!!!

ps you need to lean how to spell john........in your case passion is really spelled obsession!!!!!!!!

Back