New Regal T?

One more thing, it seems like "rice" bothers you a bit, but i am going to bet you only show your "muscles" on the computer.

Have no problem saying something nasty when you are 1000 miles away, but up close and personal, well, i bet you just don't have it....

You see, truth be told, I love all kinds of cars, porsches, ferraris, corvettes, mustangs, you name it, and I would never tell a person what car he or she should like, or not like.

If I could have it any way, it would be american made, non union though. How much is it going to cost taxpayers the next time we have to rescue the uaw pension fund?

That just shows you don't know me very well now do you. I have no problem with telling people how I feel on the PC or face to face. Another thing, I am not telling you what you should or should not like, I am simply stating my opinion.

With that note it is time to stop this nonsense. I will not let you turn this into to some sort of pissing match. I like to and have no problem getting along with everyone on the board and would like to keep it that way.

Lets look at the bright side. At least GM is using turbocharged gasoline engines in car platforms again. Maybe someone at the General will have an epiphany and slap one on a 3800.

Lets look at the bright side. At least GM is using turbocharged gasoline engines in car platforms again. Maybe someone at the General will have an epiphany and slap one on a 3800.

lol. I think they stopped making 3800s for a couple years now....replaced by the LZ4 OHV 3500(based on the chevy 2.8/3.1/3100/3400 series) and the LY7 3600 DOHC v6s which was an Australian design I believe. by the way, the LP9 turbo v6 as used in the Saab 9-3 and Cadillac SRX are spiritual descendants of the turbo v6s, but they're again, Australian and European based with the dohc stuff lol.

its highly likely the twin turbo v6 will also be DOHC and based somewhat on the LP1 turbo DOHC enigne used in the Saab cars.

its highly likely the twin turbo v6 will also be DOHC and based somewhat on the LP1 turbo DOHC enigne used in the Saab cars.

It is not based on the Saab motor.
It is a destroked version of the High Feature 3.6 that is used
in the Camaro and many other GM cars.

the LLT 3.6L DOHC v6 used in the Camaro is a High Feature engine, developed from the Cadillac/Holden DOHC v6s, namely th 3.6 LY7 which is a member of the same family as the 2.8L LP series engine used in both Saab and Cadillac cars.

My bad I did not realize there were such strong connections between these motor families.
I thought the heads and block were not interchangeable.
I hope the newer version has improvements...
Direct Injection would be a good start.

Here is a good read, for those who are interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine

This seems to be a hot topic the new Regal from Buick. Love it or hate it. The car will find its buyers based on its features. I'd be willing to bet however, it won't attract a collector following like we have now with the Turbo Regals from the 1980s.

For 4 door American sedans that are comparably priced....or will soon be seek out the Pontiac G8 GT....one quik ride with an agressive look to it.

As for the GTO.....I know alittle about them being in the GTO business and how poorly it was initially received by the older GTO crowd. The car looked too much like the Chrysler Sebring.
The back seat room was useless. and prices of any of the parts outside of the engine was a small fortunate since they came from Australia....Also had alignment problems due to the fact they were strapped down on a boat for so long. (I owned a 05 at one point). Today they are a great bargain for the money especially 05-06 and unlike our cars they have production counts on all the various colors....there are some rare ones out there.

The new Buicks are miles better than ours....just in quality control. But to many diehards 4 doors and 4 cylinder turbo or not is not going to sway someone into thinking its something special. The car no matter how good it may ride & feel..is not going to garner a thumbs up at a traffic lite......

Unfortunately the only performance 2 coupe coupe on the scene today is the new CTS coupe from Caddy....takes a few more nickels to buy it but car packs a wallop from what I read....suit and tie required....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

One thing about Corvettes they have stuck to the 2 door formula and have kept the weight off the cars....key feature when seeking low 0-60 times...a 2002-2004 ZO6 rite now is an excellent bargain.

According to an article in our GM news from USA Today titled," Will Turbos Win Younger Buyers for Buick ? " There is a hotter version of the Regal yet to come . "What intrigued us , though , was a model beyond the turbo. It's an even higher-performance sedan along the lines of the Regal GS show car". Quote from Mark Meyers , global vehicle performance manager for GM's mid-size cars. " It's about 80% there " . Same basic engine as the turbo Regal ? " I wouldn't necessarily say that " with a big grin. The article also mentions " turbocharged V-6 Regal Grand National of the 1980's was able to humiliate some V8's of the time". Buick wants to win back the younger crowd and maybe have something up it's sleeve , I hope .

According to an article in our GM news from USA Today titled," Will Turbos Win Younger Buyers for Buick ? " There is a hotter version of the Regal yet to come . "What intrigued us , though , was a model beyond the turbo. It's an even higher-performance sedan along the lines of the Regal GS show car". Quote from Mark Meyers , global vehicle performance manager for GM's mid-size cars. " It's about 80% there " . Same basic engine as the turbo Regal ? " I wouldn't necessarily say that " with a big grin. The article also mentions " turbocharged V-6 Regal Grand National of the 1980's was able to humiliate some V8's of the time". Buick wants to win back the younger crowd and maybe have something up it's sleeve , I hope .

Here is the link:

Will turbos win younger buyers for Buick? - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com