You can type here any text you want

New Slicks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tony Shoaff

I installed a new converter lastnight and was trying to fit my new slicks under the car and they rub:mad: 29.5x10.5x15 Phoenix on a 8x15 Pro-Star wheel. I am going to try a spacer? The slick is rubbing on the inside frame rail were it bends back out to the bumper. I had 28x10x15 Hoosier on the car. FYI.

I tried a set of MT 26x10x15 on Prostars 15x8 w/ 4.5 bs and they would not clear the frame rails. The frame rail sat on the tire when I tried to let the jack down. I have been told that possibly a 15x8 w/ 3.5 bs might work with a 10" wide tire but I ended up buying a set of MT's 26x8.5x15 that I will put on a 15x8 with 4 or 3.5 bs. If you have a 4.5" bs I don't think a spacer is going to help. You need less back space. Notice how the tire buldges over the wheel. That was the problem for me.

I got them on, and not rubbing yet?

I have 3.5 backspacing and used a 3/16" spacer. 1/2" frt of tire to wheel well. Top has 2 inches to ww with 20lbs in air bags. I Hope it will be fine. Find out tomorrow.:)

Back