new spindles

Tonya83T

Boostin Daily & Luvin' It
I am attempting to attach a new pic. I just added 2 inch drop spindles to my car. :D I will soon be adding a new rim/tire combo & a few other goodies. Let me know what ya think.
Later
~ Tonya ~

OK! I could not get the attachment to work, so I added a couple pics to a webpage of mine. I'll try to put up a link. :)

http://www.geocities.com/tonyas_t_type/my_ride2_index.html

DAMN!:D That a good stance!! Did you do that yourself?
And you didn't hack the springs like most idiots, way to do things RIGHT!;)

Yep, I did the spindles, shocks, brakes, & bearings pretty much myself, I had a little help & guidence & someone to do the muscle work. It went a lot smoother than I thought it would. :)
The car is running great!! I have all my gauges installed. It is not getting any knock at all, not even at shift. (In fact I took the gauge to someone else to verify it was hooked up & working right) It seems I can pull 8-10 psi of boost with no problem, holds strong @ 8! I also got a new G-Tech Pro, only got a chance to use it once down HWY 231, but too much traffic to see what all I could get out of it. When this rain stops & drys out (Hurricane/Tropical Storm Barry on it's way) I'll put it to the test. I will post my #'s when I get a chance. I think the gauges look pretty good. I'll update one of my web pages with some more pics of my gauges & my new stance soon. The new thermostat is doing great. Ended up I had to take my thermo housing/water neck to a welder. I think it will work. I would have preferred a new one, but that may have taken months. Being in the middle of a Florida summer & 4 months pregnant I couldn't wait months.(I am not dealing with the heat too well) My back up car has no a/c, the speedo & the passenger window just broke on me a couple weeks ago, so I had to get mine back to "daily driver" status. I will soon be adding a new front spoiler & rear deck lid, that should alter the looks of my car a bit too. I plan to attend the Power Festival/Street Car Shoot Out in Atlanta at the end of Sept., I'm working real hard to get it done by then. I know I won't have the paint yet though (can't have the car down in this heat anymore). I'll probably show my car as "Under Construction", I don't know if I'll be able to race it there due to the big belly. Well I've blabbed on long enough, wish me luck.......the race is on & I have 4-5 months left.
Later
~ Tonya ~

Originally posted by Tonya83T
I don't know if I'll be able to race it there due to the big belly.

LOL, :D That's why they have tilt steering wheels.

About the knock gauge. I'm surprised that you have NO knocks at all (although that would be great!). I would be concerned that maybe either ESC module or sensor is bad. I would try two things:

1. Try banging on the engine with a hammer (seriuosly). Preferably near the sensor (use a hammer and a loonngg socket extension). About 15-20 taps as fast as possible should set off the kncok gauge. If it does, all is well.
2. Run some 87 octane. That should make it knock. If not somethings either wrong, or your set up is working great (and it's time to crank up the boost!).

At least when the ninth month rolls around (pun intended) it should be cooler. Good Luck!

Tonya.....ahhhhhh.....pregnant? And a fierce turbo to bat. And you dropped it yerself????: :eek: Man.....I'm already married...but jeez...I wish my wife could do that. :confused:

Keep posting those pics....I am proud to be part of this membership. You are an outstanding contributor along with Rich and the others. We are an elite and loyal few.............:D Great looking car. (Although I kinda liked it more before it was dropped)....but thats just my taste.........

Originally posted by b4black
LOL, :D That's why they have tilt steering wheels.
;) he he he, I like the way you think!

1. Try banging on the engine with a hammer (seriuosly). Preferably near the sensor (use a hammer and a loonngg socket extension). About 15-20 taps as fast as possible should set off the kncok gauge. If it does, all is well.
I did this. The knock counter is pretty sensative. It took 2 knocks to start on the first green. Then I watched it climb all the way up to the 2 red ones. I'll try the timing light & banging on it next to ensure the knock sensor is retarding the timing like it should.. I thought it did when we were knocking, but I want to make sure. I was very happy to see that the knock counter was working anyway.

2. Run some 87 octane. That should make it knock. If not somethings either wrong, or your set up is working great (and it's time to crank up the boost!).
I would be scared to run that crappy of gas in my car. But I definately understand the reasoning behind it. I still might try that sometime.
Turning up the boost........shhhhhh don't let my husband see that. He wants me to start woking on that next. Once I feel secure that my car is mechanically sound, I'll make that move. For now 8-10 is good for me! We'll see how long that lasts....... :D

At least when the ninth month rolls around (pun intended) it should be cooler. Good Luck!
I am glad that when I get rolly polly big it will be a lot cooler. However I'm sure the temp will still be 70-80's through out Dec.
BTW.......................I just found out..........IT'S A BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just what we wanted)
:) :D ;) :p :cool: :eek:

Originally posted by Freddie's Buick
Tonya.....ahhhhhh.....pregnant? And a fierce turbo to bat. And you dropped it yerself????: :eek: Man.....I'm already married...but jeez...I wish my wife could do that. :confused:

Keep posting those pics....I am proud to be part of this membership. You are an outstanding contributor along with Rich and the others. We are an elite and loyal few.............:D Great looking car. (Although I kinda liked it more before it was dropped)....but thats just my taste.........

:eek: geeeez.........thanks for your kind words! I am blushin'
I wanted the front dropped to give it that fender full of tire look. I did not expect that much of a slope, but am very happy with it. I thought the old combo had too much space in the front fender wells, the back is filled perfect for my taste, so I didn't want to jack up the rear or anything. I like a certain look when it comes to the rims & tires & the fullness of the fenders & now I got it (I also like the handling & ride, so I knew better than to chop the spings-which would have been easier & cheaper I'm sure)....can't wait til I get the new rim/tire combo on. I am sending the husband to get that taken care of Thursday while I'm @ work. Picked out the tires today after the doctor appointment. I'll probably update that web site this weekend........if you're all interested, I'll definately keep ya posted.
Later
~ Tonya ~
:)

Nice wheels Tonya.
What kit did you use ?
I have often thought about doing that myself. Would it work on a "B" chassis.
How is the handling now?
All the best for the Nebie.

Thanks Peter,
I ordered the 2 inch drop spindles from Lauren Engineering for $229. When I got them it said "Russell" on them. I don't know for sure if they'd work on a "B" Chasis or not, but I will attach a link. You can call and ask for Dave Mock @ 1-800-429-2177, from my understanding he's the boss & I would think he would be able to answer any questions. I think Belltech might also have drop spindles, but am not too sure. Here's the link to Lauren.....check it out http://www.laureneng.com/suspension.html. I haven't been able to do alot of driving yet, but so far the hadling is pretty much the same.
I just got the new rim/tire combo on & am working to get it all under there. :D I will be updating the web site I provided above (in my original post) here in just a few minutes. I got some pics today before the rain started.
Later
~ Tonya ~