You can type here any text you want

New "Stance/Performance"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Well as some of you already knew, I had a complete DSE suspension installed in our GNS test car last week. Here is the link to the complete documented build for the ones who wasn't in the know.. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...els/329141-complete-dse-suspension-build.html

We installed this complete Front & Rear suspension on last Tues & Wed and one day later we were testing the car on friday,Sat and Sun. We tested this complete bolt in kit and the results were just Amazing!

There was two people in the car 95% of the time and the pic's show it. That should elliminate the few "Did it Rub?" questions.. The car handled like a Slot car and was very predictable.

Here are some photo's from all events from this weekend.. (photo's by Jon Simerly)

New "Stance" with DSE suspension.

DSC_0274.jpg

Autocross pic's..
2010-09-19413.jpg

2010-09-19414.jpg

Speed/Stop Challenge Picture..(Nope, No flat spots!)
speedstopresults.jpg

Now just if that poor car had a driver lol, (pick me) :biggrin:

Lookin great bud!

Your car looks amazing.
Get one of your brake kits on the car and let's see what she can do!

Your car looks amazing.
Get one of your brake kits on the car and let's see what she can do!
Thanks John! and congrats on the Admin promotion!!

That is already in the works! We just wanted to get a baseline with the stock brakes before installing the BAER T-4 set up.. We will be running the same course next year so it will be easy to re-test.

Scot W.

Now just if that poor car had a driver lol, (pick me) :biggrin:

Lookin great bud!
LOL Like I said Ty you need to come down for the next event and be my navigator!

I will let you drive too...

Scot W.

Thanks John! and congrats on the Admin promotion!!

That is already in the works! We just wanted to get a baseline with the stock brakes before installing the BAER T-4 set up.. We will be running the same course next year so it will be easy to re-test.

Scot W.

Thanks, Scot.

A lot of us are really looking forward to seeing what she can do!

new stance on the stance

The guys with the 8 second TSG cars can keep spending 100 k to make a couple passed then pull the motors back out. I'm tired of seeing nice TR's chopped up for a drag car. It is nice to see a street machine TR and that is as good as it gets. I like the way that car looks and I can clearly tell it handles too. That is something nobody would expect from a 25 year old g body.

The guys with the 8 second TSG cars can keep spending 100 k to make a couple passed then pull the motors back out. I'm tired of seeing nice TR's chopped up for a drag car. It is nice to see a street machine TR and that is as good as it gets. I like the way that car looks and I can clearly tell it handles too. That is something nobody would expect from a 25 year old g body.
I agree 100%! We already know these cars work well in a straight line, Now it's time to show they also work well in the turns too!

thats pretty awesome! i cant imagine my car handling like that. feels like a boat right now.

any vids???

thats pretty awesome! i cant imagine my car handling like that. feels like a boat right now.

any vids???
I have (4) 90min mini DV tapes of all the events but need to find out how to get them into youtube video's. As soon as that's done I will post them for sure..

Scot W.

I spent some time this past weekend with a few folks from the DSE crew. Stacy, John, and one of the chassis engineers (Rob if I recall correctly). I got some good info.:D
Thanks for posting this info and keeping us in the loop. Good to see they have these cars in process. They make some nice stuff.
Too bad their own "test car" is a monte SS. lol ;)

Did you get a chance to put their 600 gear in it? How about thier PS pump?

I spent some time this past weekend with a few folks from the DSE crew. Stacy, John, and one of the chassis engineers (Rob if I recall correctly). I got some good info.:D
Thanks for posting this info and keeping us in the loop. Good to see they have these cars in process. They make some nice stuff.
Too bad their own "test car" is a monte SS. lol ;)

Did you get a chance to put their 600 gear in it? How about thier PS pump?
That guy's name was Ryan and he did the design of the G-Body products. Very smart guy too! Stacy also schooled me on their shocks and the jounce bumper inside them and how they work compared to ordinary shocks. Very intresting to say the least...

Here at the RTTH event Kyle and another employee competed in the events and Kyle won the Autocross and Brian Finch (DSE equiped car) won the King of the Hill award. Top 2 cars were DSE equiped!! ;)

I will be doing the 600 gear & PS pump shortly! Right now we are working on getting things ready for the BAER brake set up and keeping my 255/35-18 tires and not touching my inner fenders. John @ CCW is working with me to achive this. Several things can be done, Thank goodness I went with 3-piece wheels!!! Makes things MUCH easier when making future changes!!

For Better info/build pic's click here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...els/329141-complete-dse-suspension-build.html

Scot W.

hello people; Scott W. I like your pro-touring discription. Besides your suspension mods what else did you do to the car. You know sig. stuff that I can't find with your ride.
IBBY

hello people; Scott W. I like your pro-touring discription. Besides your suspension mods what else did you do to the car. You know sig. stuff that I can't find with your ride.
IBBY
Not much! TE-44, 55lb inj, Alky control, 208-208 cam, Ported heads, F/M- I/C, Pro-torque 2800 NLU converter, JE Pistons, Corillo rods (some sort of H-beam rods), ATR 3" SS dual exhaust.

Back