**new Tcc Controller** Pics!!

superdve

**new DIGITAL TCC Controller** Pics!!

About a month ago I put a post in the ECU FORUM looking for some beta testers for our TCC Microcontroller. This weekend we installed a beta unit in my Turbo S10 and drove it around putting the controller throught its paces.

display.jpg

diag.jpg

THE BAD

We had some trouble sampling the 2K/Mi signal from the VSS buffer, (DRAC module in my Truck), turns out it's a pretty crappy signal compared to the newer Delphi internal PCM buffers. Installing an opto isolator helped greatly. A few tweaks and it should be spot on. We only have 1 set of VSS settings, Low, (Enable Speed), HIGH, (Disable Speed), and Hysterisis MPH, (keeps you IN lockup should your speed drift a little), but his too didn't seem to be an issue. A little more microcontroller coding and we should have that ability

THE GOOD

Well the controller restored OEM LIKE TCC lockup to the S10 since installing the FAST EFI system. On the way home from the lab I didn't have that 4th gear lugging on the Freeway when I needed to accelerate past a slower moving vehicle etc. Lift off TCC release is also nice.

The diag screen shows you WHAT PARAMETER the controller is waiting on to lock up. V in the diag pic means it is waiting for the VSS to be in range. A "V" and "T" would mean the controller is waiting on the VSS and TPS to be in range before commanding the lockup. NOTE: a specified delay AFTER meeting all these parameters can also be set. The "MAP N/A" is just there because we didn't want to WASTE screens. If you were using a MAP SENSOR input the above line would be showing you the actual MAP voltage.

Also we only had to hook in PWR, GND, TPS (BLUE), VSS, and OUTPUT. All done on the White Racing Interface in only a few minutes! I didn't need to use the gear switches but I could have if I wanted it to lock in 4th only and not 3rd.

After a few tweaks this week we will be building the test units for our beta testers, Bruce Plecan and Len Freeman. I'll also be doing some testing at White Racing.

for those of you who haven't seen or heard of the controller the features are listed below.

The DHP TCC module ia a small, (about 1" Thick 'Business Card' sized module) that employs a fast dedicated 40 mhz Microcontroller to provide 'long lost' OEM quality TCC control when going to an aftermarket EFI systems on Turbo Regals. No clicking relays, no manual switches, no vacuum switches! The product will most likely retail real close to B&M's VSS only controller!

The DHP TCC Controller uses the following inputs to make TCC decisions:

1. TPS
2. VSS
3. MAP (Optional Feature)
4. 3rd Gear Input
5. 4th Gear Input
6. Brake Switch Input
7. WOT Enable (RACE MODE)

All inputs are circuit protected to not 'load' or interfere with your current ECU.

It has the following outputs:

TCC Enable Output, (HI Performance, HI current device, NO RELAY NEEDED)
VSS Output, (for pass through VSS signals, future models will be able to slew VSS for speedometer calibration)
Display Output, (for future remote display usage)

The controller has a contrast adjustable LCD display with a Digital Speedometer readout and status indicator and has fully adjustable parameters for the following:

1. TPS, low limit, hi limit and adjustable hysteresis points
2. VSS, low engage, hi disengage, and hysteresis
3. MAP, low voltage, high voltage, and hysteresis
4. Use 3rd Gear Yes/No to allow for 3rd gear TCC enable
5. Use 4th Gear Yes/No to allow for 4th gear TCC enable
6. Brake Switch input, (allows for immediate unlock and delayed re-lock)
7. TCC Re-enable delay period.
8. WOT enable, (allows TCC to lock when armed at preset TPS and or VSS limits.

An optional remote display unit is also being developed for those who desire a digital speedometer readout and status indicator.

What a NIFFTIE little deal!...

In my ROMless GN ecm conversion I went to the TCC strategy of the TBI trucks, which looks kinda like what you have. And I really really like it.

Originally posted by bruce
What a NIFFTIE little deal!...

In my ROMless GN ecm conversion I went to the TCC strategy of the TBI trucks, which looks kinda like what you have. And I really really like it.

Sometimes the SIMPLER is better. When it come to making DECISIONS I always need to keep it SIMPLE!

I've done the vacuum switch and 4th gear and relay mod. I've used the B&M controller as well. After looking at the way the factory did lock up WAY BACK in the 80's I just couldn't believe the aftermarket ECU's STILL didn't sample VSS! Well we know why from an electronics standpoint it adds complexity. Then you have the need to handle a 2k, 4K and 8K TTL signal for VSS. (Ford's use 8K/MI). The DHP controller will handle a 2K, 4K and an 8K input. The lower frequencies are actually harder to deal with by the microcontroller.

Some guys don't care about TCC control, they go to a NON LOCKUP 200 or switch to a TH400. But I know of a lot of dual purpose cars that will benefit from a decent controller.

My buddy has a 62' Nova with a carbureted 355 and B&M supercharger and a 700R4 trans. We're gonna try the controller with a MAP and VSS input to see how well it works when the weather is nicer.

Not trying to hijack you here, but you seem pretty well versed in VSS technology. I'm looking for a way to take the 4K ('96 S-10) dash signal and send it to a MPH adjustable piezo "horn". I use a G-Tech and would like an audible alert on when to lift after a pass, as there're too many other things to be watching! ;) Something I could adjust with a knob to set the audible for a certain MPH.

Thanks!

Originally posted by S10xGN
Not trying to hijack you here, but you seem pretty well versed in VSS technology. I'm looking for a way to take the 4K ('96 S-10) dash signal and send it to a MPH adjustable piezo "horn". I use a G-Tech and would like an audible alert on when to lift after a pass, as there're too many other things to be watching! ;) Something I could adjust with a knob to set the audible for a certain MPH.

Thanks!

Hmm I'm sure it can be done! You could use the controller for that
but it would be a pricey VSS switch!

Originally posted by S10xGN

Thanks!

Neat truck BTW! Mine's not quite as fast! Must be because it's a 95!

Looks like you need to update your website :D I couldn't find anything on your S10...

I know! It's running the bravada's drivetrain but with a PT52, FAST, 83 Siemens Inj's, and a Protorque 3200 Stall. BW4472 T Case for AWD and Baer's 13/12" Brake Kit.

She's heavy 3,980 w/o driver...