New to the GN world

GN_Man_NC

Just wanted to say hey to everyone in the Southeast. I am new to the GN world. I have wanted one since I was about 6 and I bought a 87 the other day. But just wanted to say everyone and wanted to get some info about meetings yall have, esp. in North Carolina, as I live in Rutherfordton NC.

Thanks JC

Rutherfordton, where in the world is that!

I am in Greenville NC! Glad to see more NC guys on the board, WELCOME!

There is a group that gets together very often of NC TR owners, be sure to keep an eye out in the section for the meets, everyone is welcome!

If you ever need anything TR related give me a shout, you cant be but so far away, I guess:eek:

Shane

Welcome and hope you enjoy your Buick. Lots of information right here and help is plentiful. With these cars, you're gonna need it :D .

I'm about 40 miles east of Charlotte off of 74. There is a good group of tr and sy-ty owners that hangout here and on a Yahoo groups site that get together every so often. Check it out at

GM_TURBO6 : GM_TURBO6

Thanks for the welcoming, well the car is a 87 GN hardtop, no rust(surprised me), all original on the outside, int is mint besides one minor spot in the seat and carpet, someone has put a late model GM cd player in it and a viper alarm system, it was all done right. Now the good part, 2000 miles on rebuilt motor with new internals, Diamond dished pistons .20 over, Comp Cam with new lifters(forgot the specs, I got the build sheet in the car), brand new turbo from Cottons Performance, pushing about 13 psi(that will be changing), new injectors, new plugs and wires, very clean underneath the hoods, ac and heat still work perfectly, new paint, new tires. Body has 135k on it and I am the 3rd owner. The guy who had it before I bought it showed me 13k in receipts. Im gonna keep the sleeper look completely, thats what I love about these cars. Plus this car is super tight, will hang a curve like my 94 Z will.I will try to get some pictures up, I might get someone to post it for me, cause my computer is a little slow......

By the way anyone got any front and rear bumper fillers, thats the only thing wrong with the car, the are starting to crack a little bit.

Thanks

Welcome! I live in the Lenoir area. You got Scott Lambert(Getchasum) in the Morganton area and Joe Tiano in the Hickory area as well as a couple other guy's not far off. Sounds like a nice ride for sure you got...enjoy it. Paul

Cool...I'm either in or through that area about 4 times a week with my job. We'll have to hook up after work one evening.

Yeah we will have to meet up one day, I live right off 64, near Tri City Tire in Ruth. Where you hunt at ?

Yeah we will have to meet up one day, I live right off 64, near Tri City Tire in Ruth. Where you hunt at ?

In Burke County, up hwy 181. I've been known to shoot out the bathroom window:biggrin:

Did you pick the car up local?

Thanks for the welcoming, well the car is a 87 GN hardtop, no rust(surprised me), all original on the outside, int is mint besides one minor spot in the seat and carpet, someone has put a late model GM cd player in it and a viper alarm system, it was all done right. Now the good part, 2000 miles on rebuilt motor with new internals, Diamond dished pistons .20 over, Comp Cam with new lifters(forgot the specs, I got the build sheet in the car), brand new turbo from Cottons Performance, pushing about 13 psi(that will be changing), new injectors, new plugs and wires, very clean underneath the hoods, ac and heat still work perfectly, new paint, new tires. Body has 135k on it and I am the 3rd owner. The guy who had it before I bought it showed me 13k in receipts. Im gonna keep the sleeper look completely, thats what I love about these cars. Plus this car is super tight, will hang a curve like my 94 Z will.I will try to get some pictures up, I might get someone to post it for me, cause my computer is a little slow......
welcome, who did the motor? just remember as long as you don't get bitten by the bug & push the car into the 9's you will enjoy your car so much more. you are very capable of having even a 10 sec. street car but after that you will start dumping $$$ into the pit.

Isn't that wild! NC is so wide takes a day to cover it!
shoot, nags head to the TN state line 7 1/2hrs. in the hammer lane the whole way, git the hell out of my way you damn 4 wheelers!:eek:

Attachments

• LOAD 009.jpg
    LOAD 009.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 112