New to Tuning Question?

jdclark28

I have my car back and am starting the tuning process. Car is pretty mild, but has all the 'required' upgrades - Scanmaster, Boost Gauge, Fuel PSI Gauge, FP/Hotwire, 60lb injectors, AFPR, TT Chip, cold air intake, adjustable wastegate, new plugs, etc.

I first dialed in the fuel pressure and did a pass through the scanmaster, everything looks good - drove it about 150 miles and it was great. I then went out and did a WOT hit and everything seems fine, no KR, but boost would not exceed 12-13 lbs. I went and did 3 cranks to shorten the rod on the adjustable wastegate to add some boost and went out again. Everything was the same, no KR and boost was at 12 lbs. I'm running 93 octane and have the fuel pressure set to 43lbs with the vacuum line off.

Based on my limited investigation thus far, thinking I should I be looking more into my mass air flow readings? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

X2... check that the puck is moving freely & not binding up or sticking...
If the puck is moving freely, I'd try shortening the rod another couple turns at a time & see if it raises the boost. What were your 02's @wot? At the top of 3rd gear, 02's in the 780 to 800 range are a safe # to shoot for.....Just keep in mind to keep your 02's in that range by adjusting fuel via the TT chip...If your not running alchy & just 93 pump gas, you probably won't be able to run over 17-18 lbs of boost without getting knock, so do small adjustments & work your way up...

The Darkside:cool: