You can type here any text you want

New TR6 and won't start

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ttype6

Based on what I've read,I suspected this would happen. Now I get to fill my engine and exhaust with fuel. The car ran strong and perfectly before the install. It's a unit from the first batch Bob made so I tried to update before starting and was unsuccessful.It farts in the exhaust so I moved the cam sensor and was able to get a full blown backfire in the exhaust or no fire at all. In Bob's update instructions he says you can turn mode switch 2 on while the ignition switch is in the run position and it will blink the version of software,but all that happens is the Trig/Error LED blinks once. This is the message I get when I try to update.

Waiting for HC(S) 08 reset ACK (timeout:0s)...
Error receiving reset ACK-TIMEOUT.

sent you a PM, most likely we need to get the USB drivers set up in your computer.

B

I had the same issue you need to make sure your cam sensor is dead on .

I had the same problem as dank GN and reset the cam sensor. All good after reset.

Any progress?
Yes,sorry I didn't post. Windows 10 security has to be manipulated to allow downloading of unsigned drivers. After doing so,I was still unable to update. I used my wife's laptop because it still has windows 7 and windows 7 will allow you to download unsigned drivers. The whole process proceeded without incident and took 5 minutes tops.

As for getting the engine to start,I gave up and put the factory ignition back on. I need to either go to Bob as we live an hour away from each other or send my set-up to him. I'm not very motivated to do either because my engine runs so freakin good. I'll post his findings when I get motivated to do something about this.

There have not been any changes lately. The latest update (1.5) was for guys that wanted to use the FAST 2-step gizmo to control the TR6, so I disabled the low voltage code after the engine is running.

Bob

Back