You can type here any text you want

New TTA owner kinda

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUSTYNAIL

Knee Deep
I bought my first TTA back in 1994 but had to sell it to fund my business I was starting. I really enjoyed the car back in the day and decided I wanted it back. I found my old bill of sale ($15,500 and only 12K miles) from 94 and Carfaxed the VIN. I found the car was just recently registered in Alabama but that was all. I wanted my old car back was not getting anywhere (I even posted on here asking for info). I gave up and ended up buying a 53K mile TTA from NJ. I am sure a lot of people here know the car probably from E-bay and maybe from the previous owner. It has a fresh engine with mods and is in great shape. I am getting ready to tear into it and start the next phase of mods. Here are the current mods :

ARP fasterners through out
Comp cam hyd flat tappet (specs unknown)
ported heads (comp springs stock valves)
TA-49 Turbo
MAF translater
36 lb injs
Razor Alky kit
Built transmission
PI 2800 converter
12 bolt 3.42 (Eaton posi 30 spl Mosers)
SFC's Spohn lowers/panhard
Bosch inline pump (hotwire kit)
AFPR
linelock

Here is a list of the parts I have collected already
TE62 Turbo
Intercooler (Duttweiler neck)
PI 3200 3-disc
Underdrive pulley/belt
26 11.5 16 ET streets
Spohn torque arm

What should I do for the following

Injectors
Chip
downpipe
wastegate
exhaust

I

Injectors-60 lb'ers
Chip-Eric Marshall Turbotweak
downpipe-You only have one option for this and it is a 3" DP from Jim Dunn...contact Phillyturbosix
wastegate-Just get a heavy duty stock style
exhaust-There is a good thread going on right now a few threads down.

Jason

Jason are you thinking differently about a flex coupler now that you have some header problems?

Jason are you thinking differently about a flex coupler now that you have some header problems?

No. My car has always had a small exhaust leak even when it had the flxex pipe. If you really wanted to you could install a flex pipe with this setup I just don't think it's needed. When I installed the converter a member here recommended me doing a test for exhaust leaks. It leaked then too...

The DP is not directly connected to the headers in anyway and the turbo has its own bracket that bolts to the block and doesn't move. I doubt that has much if anything to do with it.

Back