You can type here any text you want

newbie!!!! wtb 81-88 regal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chub406

hey everyone! im a newbie! i spent 6 years and 15,000.00 to build my drag car, only to have it get stolen two months after i got it running. well now im looking to build a car again. i need your guys's help. i want to build a gn clone. i am looking for a 81-88 regal roller. i am going to be selling off al of my drag parts that i have. i have small block chevy's turbo 350's, and all sorts of other parts. i am very open to trades or willing to pay cash. please let me know if anyone has one they are wanting to get rid of. thanks!

I just sold my 1985 Buick Regal saturday. Damn it sucks when someone steels your hard work. I had mine stolen about a year after an engine swap!! Sorry to hear that, but good luck on your project!!!!

'81-'87 would be the body style you would be interested in. '88 was the first year for the front wheel drivers. But I don't know of any, sorry.

i have 87 t blue on blue 49 turbo new transmission and conv. 6500 and and drive it home sorry to here about your loss i keep a 9mm ready at all times waiting ka boom

ya. everyone keeps saying its someone that knows me. and yes good call! i honestly keep at least a 9mm now loaded hidden. it happened when i went out of state for 2 days. i just want to be able to move on now. thanks for the info! i know the montes went through 88 with the composit headlights. im mainly looking for a roller. i want to build a clone but not the running gear. i prob should have specified that. im going to put a fuel injected turbo ls motor in it. thanks everyone!!

Yeah the Montes were the only G-bodies to run until '88. They did that because they were killing them off and the replacment Lumina wasn't ready yet..

Yeah the Montes were the only G-bodies to run until '88. They did that because they were killing them off and the replacment Lumina wasn't ready yet..

Not true at all. The old style RWD Cutlass continued to be available as the Cutlass Supreme Classic in 1988, although you could only get it with a 307v8 that year...

Regal

Hey Chubb,

I'm over in So. Wis. Have an '82 Turbo Regal (Sport Coupe, not GN) I'd be willing to sell as a roller.

Very little rust - Dr side floor had been replaced before I got the car.

New black paint - single stage

New interior - buckets, console, headliner and so forth

Currently running a 454/TH400 set-up, but willing to pull out.

New brakes, Centerlines, tires

Black out trim

$5500 as a roller

$6800 w/driveline

Jim

Attachments

• 4dd1_1.jpg
    4dd1_1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 4aa8_0.jpg
    4aa8_0.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 3ff2_1.jpg
    3ff2_1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 503c_0.jpg
    503c_0.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 242
nice car! thanks but that is out of my price range. i just grad college for auto collision repair. so im going to repaint the car anyways so i think im looking for something that needs work. are these cars getting that hard to find? a guy i know gave away his 84 t-type that ran good with a rebuit turbo. i used to pass these cars up for 500.00 all the time, running. maybe its cause time is taking its toll. i do understand i will have to pay more than 500.00 for a car. thats a given. lol all i basicly need is the body. i have my own engine,tranny, and rear end for the car. thanks everyone for your replies and keep them comming if its something that is what im looking for. thanks!

Not true at all. The old style RWD Cutlass continued to be available as the Cutlass Supreme Classic in 1988, although you could only get it with a 307v8 that year...

Yeah, I forgot about those things. They only made those for the 1st half of the model year until the REAL '88 was released. But I was right in my comment on how the '88 Regal was fwd, so that's that...

Car

Hey,

Let us know what kinda money your thinking of spending. My roller price can be adjusted some. An interior is gonna get spendy real fast (been there!), I understand about doing your own paint/body work. Figure in all of the extras like weather strip, small parts and such.

Also, time is taking a toll. The G-bodys tend to stand up better to rust (than the A-body counterparts), but these cars are 20+ years old now. I wish you luck finding a good car to do your project! Be sure to post pic's when done.

I'll keep an eye out here in So. Wis.

Jim

thanks i appreciate al the help. here in iowa the rear frame rails seem to just fall out of the cars. lol rust is hard on the cars here. we also have alot of circle track guys that buy these cars up left and right. ive seen cars with way less than 100,00 miles, running, looking almost new and they are bought for 500.00, then stripped down and turned into a circle track car. to me its a shame, if your going to strip it, cut the roof off, drop in a cage, then bang around with other cars, pic one that is already beat up. just my oppinion. thats all. i would like to stay in the 1,000.00 or lower. i wouldnt think thats too crazy of a price for just a roller. i dont expect to get anywhere near a real gn for that much, but i dont think its crazy for a regal. thanks guys!

omg thanks for keeping an eye out! its in my state and everything. what about a sunroof? do you think that would be bad for a 10 sec car?? lol. i would have to find a door, trunklid, and interior. lol that sounds like alot of work. we will see what happens. lol

While a sunroof would make the car a bit heavier, it also would have all the associated bracing and frame that holds the glass which would probably only stiffen the roof section even more than from the factory. I'm not a structural engineer or anything, but to me more bracing and rails would *probably* only make it stronger???

Interior from ANY g-body would work, and I bet would be cheap from a guy stripping something down to make a circle track car too :biggrin:

Besides, if you were buying a cheap roller you'd probably want to take out the carpet/seats anyways to coat/seal the floors, etc to have a really nice ride... shouldnt me much more work IMO... plus think of the money saved over buying something out of state. $$$ saved on a tow makes up for putting in an interior you like, in the color you choose....

would the interior out of a monte ss work? i figured it would still have to some out of a regal, not just any g body. i would be more affraid of breaking it. lol if i had a 10 point cage, that should take all the twist out of it.

The steel panels for the firewall, roof, floors, and rockers on all g-body cars were the identical pieces when they welded it together, EVERYTHING swaps over... you could even go with some el camino stuff if need be for the front half of the passanger cabin.... but yup, to answer your direct question, monte carlo stuff would be direct drop in

are these cars getting that hard to find?

Yes and no, still popular but getting harder to find good ones. I sold my 84 n/a Regal last year w/78k on the clock for $2k and it was very straight and only needed paint, only had a few small spots of surface rust smaller than the size of a pencil eraser. Underside was clean as a whistle. I'm sure I could've brought it to your state and it would've brought even more money.

Back