You can type here any text you want

Next engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Whats not in my sig is...done trans & converter, aluminum driveshaft, axles and a spool, H&R mounts, QA1 Coilovers, H&R Rear upper and lowers and other supporting mods I am forgetting...again, I got it all used with patience but....gotta support the power too so gotta be fair with ya', I spent some coin but I did do it for alot less than people spend on new parts but again....took alot of Patience.

Firechaser, I have the time. That's one thing i do understand. it will not happen over night

Firechaser, I have the time. That's one thing i do understand. it will not happen over night

The parts in your sig should go 10's easy with the right tune. You could even go to a much smaller billet turbo and have a nice 3000-3200 stall lockup converter. Add a transbrake and be streetable.

I know a guy that has a 4.1 with a girdle for sale for like 4 or $500(i forgot) bucks if you choose that route...

I know a guy that has a 4.1 with a girdle for sale for like 4 or $500(i forgot) bucks if you choose that route...

Not trying to knock your guy out of a sale.... but it is a well known fact..... that the standard 4.1 block..... circa 1983-1984 is not good for 600 to 700 hp. So in my opinion..... just forget the 4.1 for a 10.0 combo.

The stage block will obviously hold that. A properly prepped 3.8 109 casting block with the right goodies will probably be the least cost option for low 10's. As always.... anything can happen when you push the power out of these little V6's.

Ooooooooooooooook then what should I do Just put a stoker kit in with a Girdled, it then?

Ooooooooooooooook then what should I do Just put a stoker kit in with a Girdled, it then?

My summer build, I reused my current block, cam, lifters, oil pan, billet main caps, bought a USED stroker kit (balancer,crank,rods,pistons,sfi flywheel), new girdle, ported lower intake, new GN1's as cast with roller rockers and trust me I went over $10K, but not by too much just on the assembled block itself, this doesn't include the chips,injectors, etc, etc...to go along with it....

If it was my choice, I'd go with a 3800 series II or III. There are people that have gone 8's on the stock bottom end with only aftermarket forged pistons. The 3800 series III comes stock with forged rods and they can take the abuse. There's a company , ZZ Performance, that sells aluminum heads for the 3800's now if you want them. The bang for the buck is hard to beat, IMO. Just my .02

Will I think I'm going to build a 4.1 over the next to years. So if you guy can give me a hand buy helping me out with a part list. Thanks

Two year build and spending a load of cash on a 4.1? I dont understand why.:confused: Why not a 109 block?

what is the better if I put a stroker kit in the motor with a girdle and billet caps?

Stock based 4.1's are notoriously weak...... I've seen mentioned not to put more than a 61 turbo on them with a well thought out combo...... so if you want to go faster than 10.80's...... go back to a (3.8) 109 casting block....... or by all means.... a stage block would work.

Stock based 4.1's are notoriously weak...... I've seen mentioned not to put more than a 61 turbo on them with a well thought out combo...... so if you want to go faster than 10.80's...... go back to a (3.8) 109 casting block....... or by all means.... a stage block would work.

okay I'll do that go with the 109 block with a stroker kit a girdle and billet cap :cool: thank you guy for all the help. What's the best strokes the 3.625 or 3.400

Back