You can type here any text you want

Next Steps: Bracing/Suspension Upgrades?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNwe4

In preparing for some fun next spring I was hoping to get some of your opinions/suggestions on what to add to my car next. I currently have a fresh motor looking at around 500 rwhp and a mildly built tranny. I plan on adding 17" street lites with a solid set of tires. Suspension upgrades include ATR rear sway bar, air bags, and bilstein shocks. Brakes are new and working great. The only bracing added is the rear seat braces. Otherwise the car is all original. This is just a good weather fun car with maybe 2 trips to the strip a year. My friends and I are competent and I would like to be able to do everything in my garage with standard tools....so no welding or anything like that. Can I please get some recommendations?

Get the braces for under the front of the car that connect the frame rails to the cross member. Also could swap in a 36mm hollow front sway bar from an F-body.

How about boxed rear control arms with poly bushings. Also, poly body bushings including the GNX bushings. Finally, poly bushings for the front sway bar. Jack Cotton can fix you up with these items.
Conrad

BlackMetal - Where would you suggest buying the frame-cross member braces?

Hot Air - Would tubular control arms be alright as I don't intend to be cornering very hard? Only straight line for me.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Tubular arms for the rear are better (stronger) than boxed rectangular/square arms. You will be fine.
Conrad

You can either go with Kirban or Gbody parts for those braces.

Kirbans website doesn't let you link directly to a product, so just search for Part #6564.
https://secure.mysuperpageshosting.com/kirbanperformance.com/index1.htm

Here they are at Gbodyparts
Front Frame braces

If you have a stock location intercooler you can get the 3rd brace that goes straight across and creates a triangle with all 3 braces. It won't work with a front mount intercooler because of where the pipes hang down.
Front connecting brace

Thanks guys. I do have a front mount, so just the two braces will work.

Back