You can type here any text you want

Nittos Drag R vs. BFG Drag R

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RatFink

PutTheNeedleOnTheRecord!
As my tinkering continues and the power goes up, my Nittos are starting to spin.
Are the BFG Drag Radials any better? What's the best hooking Drag radial that I can still drive on the street? Mileage is not a concern, Hell legality isn't even a concern. Safety at highway speed is my only concern. I pretty much drive the car to and from the drag strip maybe twice a year and maybe a car show or two. Basically less than 300 miles a year. What's ya'lls opinions?

try the Mickey thompson drag radial. heard good things about that tire.

Wouldn't consider anything other than M/T's!

The MTs are a lot softer then the DFG DRs. MTs all the way!!!!!!!

MT or M&H depending on the size you want/need... My M&H were good tires until I got a nail in one :(

Both hook about the same, and the M&H are kevlar belted where the MT are steel. Both tires are very sticky, but the MT is more popular(not sure why).

Dont bother with the others!

I run BFG drag radials but when I buy my next set I will buy MT drag radials. I got 1.67 60' so far but expect to get into the low 1.5's with MT's.

How many miles did you get out of your Nitto's??

BFG are not in the same league as the MT's, but the Mickeys are only lasting around 2k on most performance cars.

How many miles did you get out of your Nitto's??

BFG are not in the same league as the MT's, but the Mickeys are only lasting around 2k on most performance cars.

I've got about 300 miles on them now. They are in great shape. My brother wants to buy them, so I'm wondering what I should get next. I think The Mickeys sounds like the best choice so far. I'll probably go with those. I like the tread pattern too. Thanks everyone for your relpys.:biggrin:

If you will never drive on damp roads and want traction and don't care about tire life, get the MT's. One person posted a while back that they had driven the M&H's in the rain and they were ok, but so far the Nittos are the best I've seen in the wet. They are better than BFG T/A Radials in the rain and I got 20,000+ miles on my first pair of Nittos. The MT's have been out for about 2-3 years while the M&H's only about a year so not many people know about them and I haven't heard but a couple of opinions on how well they hook. I'm hoping to find more info before I wear out this set of Nittos so I can maybe try the M&H's next time, but I drive in the rain :-).

sverble,the bfg drag radials are a fantastic tire.my experience with them they averaged a little over 5000 miles before i would replace them.i did not milk every last mile i could out of them,and only got caught in the rain a few times with no problems at all.they did see the 1320 quite a bit and i like alot of heat in the box.last year i switched to the m/t street radial.the m/t is significantly softer and has a stiffer sidewall than the bfg.the m/t grabs better and has less roll.the only test left is the longevity one,and i'm only 600 miles in.i have no personal experience on the nitto's,but a close friend of mine has them on his car.he likes the tire,it rides well,but is harder than the bfg and the m/t,so my guess is it would last longer but you would not be able to hit the tire as hard.hope this helps good luck!

Back