You can type here any text you want

No 2nd gear 200R4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

labler

Help, Just rebuilt 200r4 from 1987 Caprice. Installed oversize Red Eagle intermediate band. Now I have no 2nd gear. Trans shifts from 1st to 3rd then 4th. Do I need a different size apply pin? and if so how do I determine the correct apply pin length . Or could it be a problem with missing governor springs or balls?
Thanks
Larry

Help, Just rebuilt 200r4 from 1987 Caprice. Installed oversize Red Eagle intermediate band. Now I have no 2nd gear. Trans shifts from 1st to 3rd then 4th. Do I need a different size apply pin? and if so how do I determine the correct apply pin length . Or could it be a problem with missing governor springs or balls?
Thanks
Larry
I experienced this same thing. I used the longest apply pin they make and still no 2nd gear. I then built up a weld on the tip and reshaped it on a grinder to match the original conicle shape. After installing the modifide pin I had 2nd gear. The fault was in the manufacturing of the band. There was too much distance between the part that the pin pushes on and the part that hooks to the anchore pin. It worked great for years,but when I rebuilt it recently I installed a new band which forced me to use the shortest pin GM makes.

Are you sure you caught the band apply lug with the pin on installation?

Back