You can type here any text you want

No antenna?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Car does not have an antenna. Did regal come with an antenna delete or some kind of hidden antenna option? The radio works, just dont know how its getting its reception.

The early Regal's had an antenna built into the windsheild. At one time it was a popular replacement to stream line the car. If you have one you'll see 2 lines going from bottom to top of the windsheild and then they go towards the sides.

I've seen those windshield antennas in other GM cars many years ago but dont have that in mine.

The best way would be to pull the radio and check the antenna input. If you are getting decent reception you have one somewhere or a real good aftermarket radio with a great tuner. Are you the original owner? Do you even have a base on your pass fender? Stock radio? I have a hidden Dakota Digital and it kind of sucks. Going to a windshield one soon.

Not the original owner. The original owner passed away and have to investigate a lot of stuff on the car. It's a newer style sony cd player with aux input. No antenna base just smooth fenders all around.....I kinda like that. Don't want to drill a hole.....wondering if there is another option for an antenna?

My guess would be that he has some kind of hidden one attached. You would have to pull the radio to verify.

Ever figure out where the antenna is? I plan on shaving mine while the car is in the body shop. Looking for options now as to a hidden antenna

you can use the powered antennas but i have not heard good things about them. I just went strictly sat radio and only have the sat antenna. Just a thought.

Think I need to pull the stereo to see if it's plugged in and trace the antennae wire. Can you view the stereo through the glove box. Been a while since I done a TB. Something is loose. Was receiving a good signal for the first couple days. But now it's just crappy.

You probably have a hidden antenna somewhere. I used a small one for a motorcycle and put it behind the dash. Reception not as good but I use my Ipod most of the time and was tired of looking at that 5ft high monstrosity.

Can I get to the back of the Stereo with out pulling the deck? Thru the glove box?

You should be able to see the antenna wire from the glove box access, you might not be able to find where it goes however.

If the Sony is not as deep as the factory radio was you should be able to see the back of the radio although not too well.

you can use the powered antennas but i have not heard good things about them. I just went strictly sat radio and only have the sat antenna. Just a thought.
I've got the hidden ant. too. And in all honesty it does suck. BAD. Thank god for cd's and the aux input. Oh and Ryan if you do find a hidden ant. that works well, please post it. A lot of us would really appreciate it.

What I did when I put a custom paint job on my GN was to have the antenna hole filled in the fender (because it whipping around at 140 mph really annoyed me) and just laid it under the sensors. I didn't notice a difference in reception.

What I did when I put a custom paint job on my GN was to have the antenna hole filled in the fender (because it whipping around at 140 mph really annoyed me) and just laid it under the sensors. I didn't notice a difference in reception.

Do you have a pic of that?

you can hide one under your dash/ speaker cover piece. Prob what he did. The longer the antena you put under there, the better the reception. I prefer pandora through the aux port on my reciever better than the crusty radio stations around my house.

Back