You can type here any text you want

No Charge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Anything is possible,like you said just because it's brand new doesn't mean it won't test bad under a load! Start with the alternator, if it tests good under a load, then we'll go from there, process of elimination!

Won't be able to get to it until next week, when I go down to the shop to have a new set of spiffy valve covers installed. I called my guy and he said he would go over to Auto Zone to see what is up. I'll be back with the results. Is a large alternator recommended? I don't have anything special on the car.

120 amp is fine for you then, I could see upgrading for more amps if you had high powered amps and power drawing accessories.

Ok we'll report back after the autopsy. I really hope it is the alternator. Am I going to have any issues if I drive it? Our car club is having their big annual blow out in Kissimmee fl, on Sunday, which is about 80 miles one way. I don't want to break down.

If your going to be driving it that far I would keep an eye on the voltmeter, you said it was charging if you drive it normal, as long as it's maintaining 13 + volts when warm you should be fine. I would drive it around town first just to make sure before I went on a long journey.

Will give a run tomorrow and see what is up. A side note, the harness we replaced with the field fix looked exactly like the field fix, did the stock ones appear the same? I have no history of what the previous owner did to the car.

Back