no drive or reverse...help

ok, driving home my trans goes into neutral, have no reverse or drive,does not feel like it's going in, oil is full, where can i start to check...pull a trans cooler line to see if it pumps?,change out oil and filter? the last time something like this happened, was when the drivetrain was new...under 1,000 miles,the converter hub blew up and wrecked the front pump..think this happened again?...it's in a 82 caddy coupe deville and it's running the stock 87 gn converter...any help can do

turbocaddy1982 said:
ok, driving home my trans goes into neutral, have no reverse or drive,does not feel like it's going in, oil is full, where can i start to check...pull a trans cooler line to see if it pumps?,change out oil and filter? the last time something like this happened, was when the drivetrain was new...under 1,000 miles,the converter hub blew up and wrecked the front pump..think this happened again?...it's in a 82 caddy coupe deville and it's running the stock 87 gn converter...any help can do

IF you've lost all motion in any gear, you've probably snapped the intermediate shaft (a very common occurance).

just gotta say that sounds like a bad ride! gn power in my favorite cadillac! Post some pics, gotta see it.

someone told me to check the fluid level when cold, should be above full level and then start and warm the car and check level again, if it goes down then the pump is working..i did that and the level went down to the full mark...think i'm going to pull down the pan tomorrow..

ok... i dropped the trans,looked in the pan...clean....looked in the converter.looked ok...someone at work told me to flip the converter over a bucket and drain out for a few days and look again....i looked today and i see the inner splines wiped out.....it must be the converter...... :D