You can type here any text you want

No green light alky control and low vaccum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Miz

Yesterday was the first time i drove or started my car since July. I noticed the vacuum on boost gauge was about 5 hg and the alky light stays red when I build boost.Only thing I did recently was change header and turbo gaskets. This same thing happened a few years ago but i took it to a shop to get fixed. If I remember right they told me a vacuum leak was causing the problem. I think I have checked the vacuum lines and dont see anything cracked or broken.

Sounds like a vacuum /boost leak on the map sensor line going to the passenger fender. Will show low vacuum and low boost. And the Alky starts to prime around 5 psi and won't turn green till 8 psi or so.

Im pretty sure the alky light starts green then goes red. If the alky gain is set high the led will go red quickly.

IMO The line to the map should not be T'd to anything else.

Rick

I'm pretty sure it's red then green. My cars still sleeping for the winter, but I watched a video and it's red then green.

Last edited:
Turns red to green, check the vac line going to map sensor and zip tie it on before you blow you the car!

Back