You can type here any text you want

No header gasket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo-Rich

ALBATROSS
I remember Rich & a few others saying that Buick didn't use any gaskets between the heads & the headers. This is how I'm going to do mine, they are all ready to go on. What I would like to know is if I should use any sealant or bolt them up metal to metal?
Thanx:D

Some recommended a very thin coat of Permatex Ultra-Copper.

Try checking the flanges for flatness. If someone previously used a gasket, they could be slightly unstraight. (This might be the reason for the Ultra Copper.)

Thnx Rich

I wan't sure which way to go here. I have them bolted up right now w/no sealer at all. I think I might pull 'em back off & add a little sealer while they're still easy to get to. I had also considered cutting the bar beteen each cyl. on the headers & using gaskets but cutting them down to six individual gaskets so that if one blows I could just change the gasket on that specific cyl. This is how I've usually done it in the past when headers were used. It works pretty good. However, I think I'll use the sans gasket aproach this time. This is the first place I've ever heard that & I wanna give it a try.

Last race season , I lost a header gasket in the last round of time trails, I had none , I ran to NAPA , They did have any. So when I returned to the track I had some Ultra Gray in the tool box. Applied a light coat and socked it down . It has been over 6 months and it has held up great.

Back