You can type here any text you want

No heat heater

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

krazy86t

Fan blows air. no vacuum signal to heater control valve when console switch is set to heater. PO let the car sit for a long time. not sure if this issue is vacuum lines, stuck fan box doors/baffles, or? :confused:

160 deg stat plus 20-40 deg air temps isn't going to yield very good hot air. I replaced the heater core a few months ago.

Fan blows air. no vacuum signal to heater control valve when console switch is set to heater. PO let the car sit for a long time. not sure if this issue is vacuum lines, stuck fan box doors/baffles, or? :confused:

160 deg stat plus 20-40 deg air temps isn't going to yield very good hot air. I replaced the heater core a few months ago.

Maybe the heater control valve is preventing hot water from entering the heater core or perhaps the right door under the dash isn't opening. Make sure the bottom lever is opening the door when switching from cold to hot. It is not vacuum operated but many times the linkage breaks. Personally, I don't use a heater control valve or the obtrusive factory heater manifold. I chucked it in favor of just running heater hose to the proper orifices. I don't think a 160 stat prevents heating in cold weather. Our winters aren't severe down here, but I can't remember having any problem heating the car when it's in the 30s.

Forgot to mention that I permanently opened the heater control valve with some wire on outside of valve.

Eliminating heater pipes off intake:

Attachments

• Picture 313.jpg
    Picture 313.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 314.jpg
    Picture 314.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 124
I wanted to do that and was told if I did a way with the valve the heat would always be on in the car. Did you do any thing else besides remove the valve and runn the hoses like that?

Is the radiator full of water? Might sound dumb but I have saw this before.

Michael

The valve is normally open. At least thats the way it's suppose to be. Are you sure you didn't wire it shut? Is the plunger in or out?

I wanted to do that and was told if I did a way with the valve the heat would always be on in the car. Did you do any thing else besides remove the valve and runn the hoses like that?

No, that's it. However, I remove the heater hoses and cap the inlets for the summer months, and put them back on when the cold weather returns.

Back