no more Spearco kits for 84/85

tim sewald

Just talked to Tubonetics the owner of Spearco about the 84/85 intercooler kit, they told it has been discontinued. Anybody else make a intercooler kit for these cars? Thanks Tim:confused:

Originally posted by tim sewald
Just talked to Tubonetics the owner of Spearco about the 84/85 intercooler kit, they told it has been discontinued. Anybody else make a intercooler kit for these cars? Thanks Tim:confused:

I'm working on one right now. Uses less expensive stuff, pretty simple and a lot better setup in my opinion. Once prototyping is finished on my car, I'll look into whether anyone would want to purchase setups for themselves.

they will require a little modification to your car though... simple stuff really though.

Good I'd like to see it. Just an idea, but I would be willing to buy a good set of plans, pictures, parts,ect. let me know. Tim

postin sells one for the 84/85 in there catalog for $1263.00
I was going to call them and check it out but i have'nt had a chance to yet.the part # is pe469441 and there number is 1-800-635-9781. let me know if you find anything out.

You could always go with a modified intake that allows you to use 86/87 intercoolers, and provides much better intake flow.

The intake Typhoon and I are working on would make using a front mount super easy, or like he said, you could just use the 86-87 stock location intercooler.

Hey daddyed the one that Poston sells is the Spearco and they don't have any left. Just thought I would pass along the info.

As far as I know, every IC kit for the hotairs is the same Spearco kit with the exception of the Kenne-Bell.

I called and actually talked to Jim Bell a few years back before I got my spearco.While being a complete prick,he informed me that they only built one hotair intercooler kit,the one that was installed on the car craft car.

When buying used,be aware that older spearco kits came with compression bent tubes,while newer ones have mandrel bent tubes.

Sorry to interject here guys, especially since I don't really know much about hot-air cars, but have you thought about air to water intercoolers? I was looking at an "aftercooler" that Vortech uses on my buddies supercharged civic and it seems to me that it would allow for a lot less intercooler piping than a front mount.

Adam

Innovative Turbo

After watching "Full Throttle TV"
Innovative turbo will make you a kit for a 84-85 GN. Watching the TV show, I noticed 4 non Buick guys installed this intecooler with no problems and under a couple of hours. Try that with a SPEARCO. They are one of kits. You can contact justin@innovativeturbo.com. If we get a group purchase of 10-15 cars, they will do a discount.

Chuck

Don't want to hijack this thread, but Adam, I checked out your site and no pics of the HYBRID-T hood with the "bulge" on it. Is it on and painted yet? Gotta see that. Bet it looks good.:D