No more Sunoco Ultra 94

ULYCYC

As of today a few local Sunoco stations stop selling Ultra 94. This is due to the ban on MTBE on Jan,2004 They will be retrofitting there pumps for a new lower octane. I can't imagine how these cars will run in the future powered by corn and potatoes:eek:

I like the 94 works best for me.

Corn liquor would be good, maybe even potato liquor if they put enough sugar in with it. :)

Originally posted by ULYCYC
As of today a few local Sunoco stations stop selling Ultra 94. This is due to the ban on MTBE on Jan,2004 They will be retrofitting there pumps for a new lower octane. I can't imagine how these cars will run in the future powered by corn and potatoes:eek:

S**t!!! Figures.......My car runs great with 94. My scanmaster knows the difference between 93 & 94 too!!!:mad: :mad:

I did a little research and this only effects NY and Connecticut now. But with the loss of the market share that NY $ CT has it will surely effect the rest of the northeast soon.

Well, haven't seen 94 at any of the Sunoco's down here in South FL, so no loss for us. Sucks for ya'll though....

I can hear a can of Xylene calling your name ;)

Just hope they don't make you buy 91 octane like us "burn't out"
Californians have to buy.:(

I hope this doesn't make it down to Delaware...Sunoco 94 is all I run unless I'm on race fuel or sometimes I though some 100 in for some stoplight showdowns.

Sunoco 94 used to be a special gasoline, and as such it was expensive to make. Sunoco threw in the towel a few years ago. Their current 94 is made by dosing garden variety 93 with ethanol. The stuff isn't nearly as good. You're not missing a thing...

It might be in my head, but the 94 seems to work better than anything else I can get around here. The local Sunoco still has it - and the 100 octane (which works REALLY well). I'm keeping my fingers crossed......

Jim

In my mind 94 oct. is 94 oct....we use alky for it's increased oct. why can't they??

Buy stock in a fuel enhancer company. lol. I remember, as a kid, when you could pull into Sunoco and they had the blen-o-matic pumps. Av gas at the pump. Funny on Friday and Saturday night cruising Indy with all the BBC,BBF, and Hemi and Wedge Chryslers flocking in to the Sunoco where we used to cruise on the weekends. Was so good to remember all those monster muscles driving around. Hard to believe that today those cars collective would be ove $5 mil worth now days. Seemed like there would be over 50 to 75 a night out on the south side of town.

Mark

I hope it's still available here. I planned on pumping the race gas out and putting 94 in to go through emmissions next week.:cool:

Darn. That's all I used to use. Just saw today that they changed the pumps. Ok, who makes the best 93 octane?:(

Up here in Toront , Canada we still have 94 : ), but for some odd reason Esso went from 92octane to 91???

Danny