no oil pressure

stan9898

Ran car hard ,now no oil pressure, it had little after the run, then I let the car cool off,and now it has none,new pump parts 2 months old with a plate.:frown: Thanks for any help

Ran car hard ,now no oil pressure, it had little after the run, then I let the car cool off,and now it has none,new pump parts 2 months old with a plate.:frown: Thanks for any help

What gage? Where are you taking pressure from?

Pump shaft / drive / gears may be sheared. You may want to remove the cam sensor and look there. If it all looks ok, prime the pump with a drill and hook a gage up at the factory pressure sensor. That should tell you most all you need to know. :cool:

Be aware that at this point, the damage may be done.

Put new pump in, pack with vasiline, changed oil put oil in cooler lines,spin pump thru cam sensor hole, still no oil pressure :frown: the last thing I checked, I knew couldn't happen oil pump up had came off,IT CAN HAPPEN I PULLED THE PAN BOTH SCREWS AND SCREEN WERE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PAN replaced them with loctite after lifters primed up car runs perfect. :biggrin: Thanks for the info.

i was reading your post and i got threw the first line and i was going to type check the pickup. i knew that was going to be it.