No power to either fan relay............

For the power to the fans, yes, one of the fusible links at the starter (pin 1 on relay).

For the relay coils there is a RLYS 5A fuse in the fuse block (top right) under the dash (pin 5 on relay).

RemoveBeforeFlight

Can I do away with the fusible link, if it is bad. Do I replace it with another one or just solder a new wire

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

In my case the wire was burnt off where it connect to the eye connector on the starter, I would replace the link if it's broken not eliminate it, here should be a fuse in the system or a short may case a fire.

hey 9secvsix if you blow those fusible links will the car still run but rough and no check engine light when you crank it and no signals going to the scanmaster it turns on when you crank it but then it turns off and dosent give any readings my ? is would it have these effects as i mentioned .it had a dualfan set up but te motors was hitiing the intercooler metal fan shroud and i guess grounded out and it stop running i replaced the fan and now iam getting these effects .plese reply thanks