You can type here any text you want

No power to radio.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85HOT-T

Ok well On my stock unit I wasnt getting anypower to it. The only thing it would do was show the time for about 5 secondswhen you hit the display button. So I figured the unit was fried. Well I bought an aftermarket unit, and still no power. Everything else on the fuse works fine, just no radio.

Any one have any ideas at all.....

Thank.

On my 85 sometimes when i start the car the radio does not work at first then after a min or 2 i hear a click from around the glove box area and then it works fine.

Well this has been like this for a couple days. All I get is the clock for a few seconds when I hit the display button. Did you get that too? I wonder if there is a relay or something behind the glovebox.

hmm I did trace the red wire back a little when i was installing the aftermarket unit. I didnt find where it went though. There must be a breaker or something if you heard a click.

Any one else Have any ideas or any expert radio installer know this situation?

It sounds like you are only getting the constant power +12v to your deck. There are 2 +12v wires going to your deck. One is constant, and one is switched with the ignition on. The deck will not operate if only one of those 2 are present. Since you get the clock, then I am assuming that you are missing switched +12v.
Thats where I would start.
If you can hook up a constant +12v source to the supposed "switched" wire, and your radio works, then it is a problem somewhere either in the ignition switch, or somewhere between there and your radio.

Problem was I was looking at the wrong 12v supply fuse. Thought it was there but wasn't lol. I guess we all do stupid stuff ( I hope :D )

Back