You can type here any text you want

No Power Top End

• Thread starter Thread starter 34bud
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

34bud

STOCK 85 ORIGINAL PROBLEM CODE 42. POPPING IN INTAKE AT HIGHER BOOST. THIS IS WHAT IHAVE DONE: WABRO PUMP,ADJUSABLE F/R, NEW FUEL FILTER, KN CONE FILTER, NEW COIL & MOD. NEW WASTEGATE, 160 THERM. NEW ECM. OK NO CODE NOW! BUT NO POWER ON THE TOP . CAR SEEMS TO BUCK OR HESITATE. IT STILL SEEMS LIKE FUEL. THIS CAR WAS SOLD TO ME AS A 50,000 MILE CAR. I THINK IT WAS 150,000. EVERYTHING I REPLACED WAS STOCK. IM THINKING MAYBE THE INJECTORS? ANY HELP PLEASE.:confused:

Code 42 C3I ELECTRONIC SPARK TIMING (EST) FAILURE

How old are the:

Spark Plugs?
Wires?
Coil Pack?
Module?

Had this problem with mine, Make sure fuel pressure is @ 38 with vac line OFF. If its rich your getting a rich pop. The other thing was the MAF this caused a lot of stange problems in my car. Also make sure your plug wires are in good shape, had on melt and would only arc at higher rpms. If the car has 150k miles on it , new valve springs will defiatly hepl the top end power as well.
I hope some of this helps.

"code 42 indicates the ECM has seen an open or grounded bypass or EST circuit with the engine running"

(according to my manual)

This usually indicates a bad ignition module, but check the module plug and connections, and also the ECM plug/connections.

Back