NO START

Audiowizard

CARE FOR A SMOKE ANYONE?
Staff member
had car running for about 2 minutes and she quit. no spark but has fuel. checked everything humanly possible. crank trigger still has magnets in it but does it still go bad??

Attachments

• 1069369_10200231884149058_231259387_n.jpg
    1069369_10200231884149058_231259387_n.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 104
I've always found this bit of info to be helpful for this type of problem.

Long ago, Jim Testa posted a "How To" get started in the trouble shooting. It is well worth reading in order to apply some logic to the process.

Below is a short cut derived from Jim's article. The below simply applies logic to the No Start troubleshooting trees and can save you a lot of time.

Assuming the battery is charged, the car has compression, and the fuel pressure is adequate, If you have:

no spark, but have injector pulse - Check the Ignition Module (also check the CCCI and ECM-IGN fuses)

have spark, but don't have injector pulse - Check the Cam Sensor or ECM

have no spark or injector pulse - Check the Crank sensor or the Ignition Module (and fuses)

This above is a very good way to cut to the chase and start zeroing in on the problem(s).

Also good troubleshooting info on vortexbuicks-etc.com

I've always found this bit of info to be helpful for this type of problem.

Long ago, Jim Testa posted a "How To" get started in the trouble shooting. It is well worth reading in order to apply some logic to the process.

Below is a short cut derived from Jim's article. The below simply applies logic to the No Start troubleshooting trees and can save you a lot of time.

Assuming the battery is charged, the car has compression, and the fuel pressure is adequate, If you have:

no spark, but have injector pulse - Check the Ignition Module (also check the CCCI and ECM-IGN fuses)

have spark, but don't have injector pulse - Check the Cam Sensor or ECM

have no spark or injector pulse - Check the Crank sensor or the Ignition Module (and fuses)

This above is a very good way to cut to the chase and start zeroing in on the problem(s).

Also good troubleshooting info on vortexbuicks-etc.com
That's what I need to do, thank you for the link!!!

Did you find the problem for the NO START?

If you did let us know here, it may help others if they have the same type of problem.

If you did not find the problem yet, let us know that as well. Maybe others would like to chime in to give you more help.

Don't leave us hanging,let us know.:)

Starting from scratches. Replacing the crank shaft sensor today and keep going til I find the culprit

Check the ECM connectors for corrosion. See if there's any green crap on the pins.