You can type here any text you want

No Turn signals

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo317

Well got my car together tonight and no signals. The hazards work fine. fuses are good, swapped flashers, still no work. If you put your foot on the brake and turn the left turn signal on, the brake light on the left side goes out, and same way for the right. Anythoughts?? where can i find a diagrams too help me find my problems?
thanks!

Turbo317 said:
swapped flashers

What location is the flasher you swapped out? On the fuse block? if yes, then that is the flasher for the hazard lights. The flasher for the turn signal is attached to a bracket on the steering column (between the column and radio).

gofstbuick::
you wouldn't happen to have a pic of the "bracket on the steering column (between the column and radio).

I'm trying to picture this as I need to do a swap of my turn signal flasher..

The bracket is metal and round with an opening at the end. If you remove the lower vent and look up, you'll see a flasher. The flasher looks just like the one you replaced on the fuse block. It will remove horizontally from the bracket or you can pull it down. Did you throw the replacement hazard flasher away? If not, then use the flasher you just removed to replace your turn signal flasher.

i was going to get a turnsignal switch. Any idea where to get one? GM or are the discontinued? The flashers i swapped where the 2 on the car. both worked with the hazards.

Kirban has them for $39.95 or a pair for $75.
84-87 reproduction chrome turn signal stalk w/ delay wiper and cruise control options
Part number 7015 or 7015-2

I cant vouch for how well they work.... but... if you wanna go cheap... they have turn signal levers and the internal turn signal cam in the "Help!" section at places like autozone. on second thought i did use one of the cams in a truck once, it worked fine in that.

Turbo317 said:
i was going to get a turnsignal switch. Any idea where to get one? GM or are the discontinued? The flashers i swapped where the 2 on the car. both worked with the hazards.

Just so you understand, I'm not talking about the turnsignal stalk w/ wiper switch. The turnsignal switch and harness is inside the column. You have to take off the steering wheel to access it. You can get these at Advanced or Autozone and I guess any chain parts store.

Napa has the switches too. It's just a little ring that is under the steering wheel. Takes longer to find than to replace.

I did this swap and later discovered it was a bad socket on the front passenger side. One bad socket can throw the whole system out of sync and do stupid things. Check it out before you pull the steering wheel.

Back