Noble Update?

Its gonna be the same thing every year.They need to bring the Chevy guys in this event.Two years ago brought a turbo charged mustang that we built and fried the clutch,and gave a win for the buick team.This year there was a lot of turbo mustangs,and next year probably more.Its very easy and cheap to make them fly.I hope next years event has better results.Very impressed with the 9.98 GTO,and the LS1 trans-am but there needs be way more help!!!

Glad i didnt go, that would have been my luck too.

You actually had a tire blow out, was it a old tire?

I assume you made it home just fine?

BW

Yeah I made it home ok. I just got to buy another tire for the front and get the rear patched :rolleyes:

The front tire was brand new, it had about 300 miles on it :eek:

Its gonna be the same thing every year.They need to bring the Chevy guys in this event.Two years ago brought a turbo charged mustang that we built and fried the clutch,and gave a win for the buick team.This year there was a lot of turbo mustangs,and next year probably more.Its very easy and cheap to make them fly.I hope next years event has better results.Very impressed with the 9.98 GTO,and the LS1 trans-am but there needs be way more help!!!

Did you see the black Fairmont that randomly busted off an 8??? That was the hairiest sounding motor I have ever heard :eek:

Yeah that 9.98 GTO shocked me too. What in the world kind of motor was in that car?

had fun guys, i lost my race though.....somebodys gotta lose. but had a great time, and thats what counts for me. made the top 10 which blew me away.
qualified a 10.15
elim me 9.99@133.8 vs the mustangs 9.80@135.xx

I didn"t run too bad for a street car

ohh well...always next year

Did you see the black Fairmont that randomly busted off an 8??? That was the hairiest sounding motor I have ever heard :eek:

Yeah that 9.98 GTO shocked me too. What in the world kind of motor was in that car?

A very pricey motor for one.I also went to the test and tune on Friday and was impressed on a white tahoe or suburban running 12.80's. Does anyone know that person and what it has?It didn't show for Sat wonder if it broke.

had fun guys, i lost my race though.....somebodys gotta lose. but had a great time, and thats what counts for me. made the top 10 which blew me away.
qualified a 10.15
elim me 9.99@133.8 vs the mustangs 9.80@135.xx

I didn"t run too bad for a street car

ohh well...always next year

Man your car is hauling azz for a street car....you did good!!!!

I'd like to start an online petition to send to to the event organizers. I heard that they weren't interested in a break out rule. But Im proposing a .75 second rule. That still allows for some sand bagging etc but not the 2 second BS that happened. I think .3 is a bit too small because I qualified with an 11.42 at 123 and rant 11.45 at 124.13 but if i would have gotten the boost up at the line it could have easily gone 10.90s. You also need to account that the faster cars getting to run later in the evening when the temp drops a solid 20*

Anyways it was a ton of fun, i think that was my 4th or 5th year. I got a win and was extremely happy. Next year I'll get a few more houston people and my family plans on bringing our 86 GN, my 87 GN and our new Ttype. We need a few more 11 sec car so we push our slower cars further down the line to the slower fords that got bye runs. Being down by 15 after the 1st 20 races is pretty disheartening lol.

I'd like to start an online petition to send to to the event organizers. I heard that they weren't interested in a break out rule. But Im proposing a .75 second rule. That still allows for some sand bagging etc but not the 2 second BS that happened. I think .3 is a bit too small because I qualified with an 11.42 at 123 and rant 11.45 at 124.13 but if i would have gotten the boost up at the line it could have easily gone 10.90s. You also need to account that the faster cars getting to run later in the evening when the temp drops a solid 20*

Anyways it was a ton of fun, i think that was my 4th or 5th year. I got a win and was extremely happy. Next year I'll get a few more houston people and my family plans on bringing our 86 GN, my 87 GN and our new Ttype. We need a few more 11 sec car so we push our slower cars further down the line to the slower fords that got bye runs. Being down by 15 after the 1st 20 races is pretty disheartening lol.

i agree with a breakout rule totally! i even mentioned that to my friends while we were watching first few groups run through... i was thinking maybe .5 sec. ..
i was fortunate enough to have an honest race with my opponent, but several others weren't... either that or ban the use of nitrous... but that still leaves us to deal with the turbo fords.. few of which any car fan can call slow...

i really think we should take action on this & present it to the race organizers instead of just talking about doing it..

all in favor say I !!

guys I made a new thread with a poll in this section, please go vote and maybe we can make a change and make the competition a bit better.

sorry I couldn't contribute this time, guys... I was there, but just as a spectator. I really hoped to have my car running for this, but I just couldn't find the time to work on it with school and other various crap i've been having to deal with. Oh well, my Regal ought to be pretty badass by next year, and a couple of my buddies are working on projects involving 500 caddy motors that promise to be ungodly fast (one of them is putting together a turbo setup for his), so I'll have to help them out and make sure they come next year, now that they are allowed.

btw, what is the rule on the GMs that can participate? is it ANY gm corporate car other than chevy? or is it just buick, olds, pontiac, GMC, and caddy? Because I have a friend with a pretty fast turbo saturn. It would be pretty hilarious to see him smoke a stang in the shootout.

we can win if we bring in enough cars, and we actually have a chance now that its open to some other makes. the problem this time was that we didn't get the word out enough to the T/As, the GTOs, the big block guys, GTPs, and other fast GMs. Hell, i KNOW there are quite a few really fast ls-1s in the state that would have loved to come if they just knew. Next year I'll try to do better about getting the word out, and everybody else should too. the fords have probably won the past 4 times mostly because there are way more of them... everybody and their dad has a mustang. obviously one of the keys to winning is bringing more cars than the other team... there are only as many races as there are cars for the slowest team. that means if we have more cars, they have to put ALL of theirs in play, and it ends up being them that has to race all their slow POSes for points instead of us.

You would of needed to run an 11.12 to have been disqualify. I mention 3 full tenths. Temps could drop 20 degrees and it still would not gain that unless you added more nitrous or boost. They need to get your best qualify et and use that on the finals. 1/2 second or 3/4 second gap is to much. The racer that sandbagging just needs to get in front of you and stay there.:eek:

You would of needed to run an 11.12 to have been disqualify. I mention 3 full tenths. Temps could drop 20 degrees and it still would not gain that unless you added more nitrous or boost. They need to get your best qualify et and use that on the finals. 1/2 second or 3/4 second gap is to much. The racer that sandbagging just needs to get in front of you and stay there.:eek:

well my main issue was not building boost at the line. It went 11.42 on a 1.9 60 ft. If it dropped to a 1.6 or 1.55 like its capable of it would have easily went 10.9-11.00. I just think too small of a breakout will hurt the cars we need the most (9-10 second buicks) They may have tuning issues (these cars are finicky enough in the 12 second range lol) and since things go so slow at the track you may only get in 1 or 2 qualifying passes in and not get 100% out of it. Giving them 3/4 second would nullify most tuning issue fixes and give the ford guys a break if they are having a bad day rowing through the gears and missed a gear or two. I don't mind a little sandbagging, its almost expected, its the gaining 2 seconds and 10 mph guys that piss me off.

First of all, banning nitrous is not going to happen. This is intended to be a run what you brung event. If you ban nitrous, lots of people will be pissed and not show up. Some of the guys on our team (including our #3 qualifying GN) run nitrous to get the turbo spooled up. Hell I use it in my car.

If you ban nitrous, you can still adjust your wastegate to make more boost, change pulleys on blowers, etc. Sandbagging is part of racing, it's going to happen.

We are coming to a gunfight with knives. Our cars are older, heavier, have smaller motors, and less aftermarket support. Despite that, we have the ability to hang with them or beat them, but it is going to take more to do so. The best thing we could do is recruit more LS1 Pontiacs. There were some of them that were flying and most of them won their match races. Money for money, LS1 cars are more than a handful for most Fords.

Hensch, yes turbo Saturns can run.

I agree, banning nitrous is definitely not the right thing to do. Some people build their whole setup around nitrous much like others do a blower or turbo setup. Nitrous fox bodies killed us this weekend in the slower ET ranges but not running a nitrous tune during qualifying and then running it that night gave us a few wins as well when their tune was off and caused some issues;)

I've been racing a long time and the Buick vrs Ford event in Noble is the biggest sand bagging event i have ever been too. It's worse then the Pinks episodes..

They will have to come up with some break out rule before i come back and run there,

towing 570 miles "one way" just to get lined up with somebody that sand bagged in qualifying and then runs a second quicker in the eliminations, is ridiculous ..