Noble Update?

we must have won.....everyones too drunk to post.

39 buick , 55 ford .. fords won :( our car count was up & almost even but several of the fast familiar buicks weren't there... i won my round though so i did my part...

i just wish there were more LS pontiacs @ the meet to help counter the nitrous sandbagging problems we always run into.. oh well

had a great weekend the atmosphere was good & beautiful weather

Well Ford won once again!!!There where more fords thats than buicks but not by much.I just got back in from noble, had fun met lots of peeps.

Well, I'm glad You guys had a good time at least.

BUCIKS IN 2011, I can feel it!

why the hell weren't you there !!??

Meh, I havent raced since BG and the car needs bigger injectors to go faster. I just havent touched it for 5 months....

I can break it here 20 miles from the house,thats alot easier than 6 hours away :biggrin:

BW

39 buick , 55 ford .. fords won :( our car count was up & almost even but several of the fast familiar buicks weren't there... i won my round though so i did my part...

i just wish there were more LS pontiacs @ the meet to help counter the nitrous sandbagging problems we always run into.. oh well

had a great weekend the atmosphere was good & beautiful weather

I was there and it is always a fun event. Mustangs were dominate in the event. It seems they get faster every year and many now using turbocharged setups. I own a turbocharged fox body body and a Buick T Type. Love both cars. I agree about some cars sandbagging with nitrous on both sides of the field. The rules need to be change, once you qualify with your et that is the time you will need to be at in the finals and if the car suddenly runs 3 tenths or faster in the finals you will automatically lose the race. This will make it a lot harder to sandbag and should make it more interesting.:cool:

I was there and it is always a fun event. Mustangs were dominate in the event. It seems they get faster every year and many now using turbocharged setups. I own a turbocharged fox body body and a Buick T Type. Love both cars. I agree about some cars sandbagging with nitrous on both sides of the field. The rules need to be change, once you qualify with your et that is the time you will need to be at in the finals and if the car suddenly runs 3 tenths or faster in the finals you will automatically lose the race. This will make it a lot harder to sandbag and should make it more interesting.:cool:

I guess it needs to be more like that "Pinks" all out show...run a little faster than you're qualifying time & you automatically lose....

It would help if people didn't run there slow suv's, station wagons, and 4 door 18sec boats. After all this is a racing event. All they are doing is hurting our team.

It was really hot. I lost my race. Mustang magically ran a second faster than he qualified at. I was talking to a ford guy and even he was bitchin about his own team sandbagging. He had a 16 sec powerstroke and raced a mustang that ran low 12s. I thought that was pretty damn funny.

It was really hot. I lost my race. Mustang magically ran a second faster than he qualified at. I was talking to a ford guy and even he was bitchin about his own team sandbagging. He had a 16 sec powerstroke and raced a mustang that ran low 12s. I thought that was pretty damn funny.

HAHA

I had a best qualifying run of 11.40

I ran 10.76 @ 131.69 in elims....

My opponent ran...

9.38 @ 144!!!!!

I jumped on the bandwagon of the sandbaggers....at least I attempted to.

I got a piece of the Bob Glidden looking Fairmont in qualifying, so I gave it a spirited run of 15.6 @ 87ish :D :D :D

Then I parked it, turned set my wastegate where it was completely shut, screwed the RJC controller all the way in, and uncapped my exhaust.

I figured I would draw a powerstroke or something of the like...nope.

It was a Terminator Cobra. No biggie, I was going for 30 psi so I wasn't worried. He got me off the line, my turbo spooled up in 1st and the needle started flying to the right and I hear a BOOOOOOM...so I coasted through the traps...

Blew the intercooler hose off :mad: :mad: :mad:

21.0ish at 41mph...

Sorry dudes. I will be back next year to avenge my loss.

I jumped on the bandwagon of the sandbaggers....at least I attempted to.

I got a piece of the Bob Glidden looking Fairmont in qualifying, so I gave it a spirited run of 15.6 @ 87ish :D :D :D

Then I parked it, turned set my wastegate where it was completely shut, screwed the RJC controller all the way in, and uncapped my exhaust.

I figured I would draw a powerstroke or something of the like...nope.

It was a Terminator Cobra. No biggie, I was going for 30 psi so I wasn't worried. He got me off the line, my turbo spooled up in 1st and the needle started flying to the right and I hear a BOOOOOOM...so I coasted through the traps...

Blew the intercooler hose off :mad: :mad: :mad:

21.0ish at 41mph...

Sorry dudes. I will be back next year to avenge my loss.

Thats a horrible ending, i was hoping you could beat a mid 12 second cobra with ease!

Well, there is always next year!
BW

Thats a horrible ending, i was hoping you could beat a mid 12 second cobra with ease!

Well, there is always next year!
BW

That was the plan. I didn't get off the line hard, but that 67 was screaming right before the hose popped off... :frown:

However, that was not even close to the worst part of the trip. I drove the car almost 5 hours to get there, had a front tire blow out near Norman, got a nail in my rear street tire that I had to get fixed today before heading back...it did not all go as planned to say the least.

Glad i didnt go, that would have been my luck too.

You actually had a tire blow out, was it a old tire?

I assume you made it home just fine?

BW