You can type here any text you want

Nobody cares about the carb'd cars!?!?

• Thread starter Thread starter pat83t
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
P

pat83t

I am going to vent now. Please bear with me. I contacted a manufacturer and fellow turbo regal owner, that will remain nameless, about making a 140 MPH speedo overlay for the 78-83 cars and they blew me off saying that they aren't interested in making anything for the cars before '84. Now what kinda crap is that?? I offered a template and everything. All that needed to be done was make the damn thing to say MPH instead of KPH. They think that just because it isn't fuel infected it doesn't count for sh!t. This flat p!sses me off. Guess I will be going else where for my orders from now on. They aren't the only player in the game. :mad: :mad: :mad:

just tell em you got a 86-87 drivetrain in it...:D

heck hotair cars dont get much respect either...I see it from both sides when I go somewhere and someone actually knows the difference they ask what year and they dont say much when I say 85 but once I mention its got a 87 drivetrain in it they start asking what alls done to it...oh not much ..:)

I have access to a full 87 motor with wiring harness and the whole 9 yards right down to the starter but I want to keep mine the carb'd motor. Wouldn't matter anyway. They still wouldn't build it because it would benefit the carb'd cars. I could have a stage II motor twin turbo'd and be running 8's and they still wouldn't build it for that car. They advertise that they will build custom jobs but they won't do this??

Yea, I know the feeling. I still hear a couple snickers from People that don't know me or the car when I pull up to the line, but it's kinda fun to see the look on their faces when I come back the return road after make a mid 13's pass. And I still get asked, "How come you don't go F.I. “, I response is Why should I, I'm keeping pace with them.

It's not easy getting parts for these cars.

Rename this thread!

This should be the sticky for "What's BEFORE BLACK?"

This is exactly what Before Black is. We are the fringes. Our common experiences with our cars are much more significant than THEIRS. Improvements or maintenance to our cars usually requires more than a trip to AutoZone. We cherish the uniqueness of our cars, and pay due respect for the cars that made it possible for THEM to have THEIR cars. We are the people who understand that we possess these cars as stewards for the next generations. We are the brothers (and sisters) of the good-looking (in a societal way) jock - while we get no credit for our significant performance despite our handicaps, they get the glory.

(hic)...and another thing (hic)...

:D

Im with you guys all the way. I like searching for parts. The uniqueness is one of my favorite parts about the engine. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Well I wouldn't say anything but you know what i mean. :)

Don't get me wrong, I like the SFI/IC cars, would love a GNX and a 9 sec 87 GN but, I WILL NOT give up my carb'd car. It is a blast to drive, gets looks from people (not cops thank god) and turns heads at the all buick shows but I have worked hard to get it there. I enjoy the challenge of finding parts for it. I work in a parts store and find parts for it (or ones that I can adapt to it) in between customers. That is where I came up with a few different projects: Cold air intake borrowed from imports.
300zx map lights adapted to the t-bar. (didn't want to be like everyone else with the rear-view mirror w/maplights.
Cruise control on the steering wheel borrowed from 87 Riviera.

And that is just a few things that run through my head but when I get no co-operation from a fellow TR owner it just burns me up. I was told by several people that I should have sold the Cold Air Intake idea or made money off of it myself, I chose against it because if I find something that works for you guys I will help out anyway I can. Anyway I will step off my soapbox now and try to calm down. breathe in...................and breathe out.......................and in.......................and out....................and

P.S. I am told by APC that the cold air intake will be listed for the 79-83 turbo regals in thier next catalog release. A victory for us, if it actually happens.:o

Back