Noisy Crane Roller Cam?

KWIKR 1

Anybody have a noisy Crane Roller 212/206 cam in the 2100-2200 rpm range at about 45 mph cruise ? I have a Crane Roller Cam installed in a newly rebuild engine . I notice it is VERY noisy in the above range . Any RPM range above or below it sounds fine . What would cause the above condition ? Thanks.

I'm using the springs from Crane for that cam , and have stock rocker arms as well . It just seems real noisy "just at that RPM and cruise speed" .

yes it does set of the knock sensor . I'm getting .09-1.6 counts of knock intermittent.

did u check your preload on the cam if it is not at .030 atleast they will be noisy id say check that first also maybe a broken spring i had a set of crane springs brake in 2000 miles 2 cracked springs

george

I also have noise. Fairly typical for the comp cam 206 setup. Using stock rockers and shafts have something to do with it. Obviously the valvetrain geometry is changed with the higher lift, duration etc.

Anyone running roller rockers out there with a flat tappet? Any noise reduction?