NOS Oxide

tsturbo

I know that there is alot of people on here that this is a big fat
SIN -- But I want to give it a try . Anybody got any advice and tuning tips for NOS .. thank:D

BE VERY CAREFULL! start small. i used it only from the start to the 60ft mark. start with a 50, low boost and low timing chip. like a street chip or else KABOOM:eek:

NOS is a company that makes nitrous oxide (N2O) products/equipment. Let's not get all that confused like the fast and furious people do.

There are a bunch of people on the board that use nitrous. I would first check out the alcohol/nitrous section of this board and do a few searches. Many have had great success with it. Good luck

NOS

It works good if you just don't go crazy with it. Make sure your fuel system is upgraded and try to use a little higher octane. You must run a low timing chip with no more than 20 degree of timing with a 50-75 shot.;)

Start very small. Make sure you will be getting enough fuel and you dont have too much timing or boost. And watch the knock retard! Most people should be able to do a 50hp shot no problem. But I cannot stress enough , make sure you have no knock retard.

hey, anyone ever try a boost controlled shot, I've been thinking about it if I have troubles spooling when I get my engine built (pray for me ;) you know, have it run till the turbo gets going good and then cut it off?

I hit the car with a 100 shot and 21 deg chip quite often . I even hit it with the 150 on the street 2x . My advice is use an RPM window switch to activate it @ 3000 rpm have it shuoff @6000 in case say your govenor breaks or whatever . Use good gas ive been using 116 . Use the wot switch . A pressure gauge is a must to IMO and your going to have to tune it . I used a slightly smaller fuel jet that recommended for the NX kit im using . I think the bottle warmer is a good idea too and have it also . I squeezed my car alot of times on the track and street . I tried a 18 deg chip but its too low IMO , 20 is pretty good with good gas . Ive sprayed the car with 100 shot and 28psi of boost with 116 no problems so far so dont be afraid of the Naaawwssssssssss :p

Nothing better , i have to replace the posi soon(Its now an Auburn one legger) New Eaton is on my kitchen floor . The car did trap @117 with the 100 shot but in all fairness i have a diff. turbo CPT65 over the old TA49 too but it ran 5mph quicker with the shot . Once the Posi is in ill hit it with the 150 shot and report back .