You can type here any text you want

NOS parts (not N20)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

NOS = New Old Stock. These are parts that are new, but no longer available from the OEM. (Parts for old cars that are still available aren't NOS, they are simply "new")

Dave mentioned in another thread that he found a NOS ESC controller. I don't know what he paid, but something like that could worth a lot. What's a lot? Well....

A friend called me up wanting to buy something off ebay (he's a computer idiot). A 1978 Camaro delay wiper switch. 1978 - the same era as our Turbo Regals. Take a reasonable guess at what it sold for. Then look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=34206&item=2452029389

If you think this is a crazy amount - it is. If you think this is a fluke or uncommon price - it isn't. There were several people interested is this part for over $200 (I was supposed to bid $220 and this was for resale!) NOS parts can sell for this all the time. Some parts are gold, some aren't. Also, this is for a Chevy. Chevy NOS parts are typically easier to find than Buick.

Just a freindly public service annoucement. :) If you want new/NOS, get them while you can. Check with GM first, because some wierd things are still available and you never know when they will be discontinued.

PS - If I had the NOS ESC controller, I probably would try to find find a good used one and resell the NOS part. That's a golden part to the right buyer. :cool:

You are 100% correct Rich. Those of use who surf eBay regularly see these all the time. My pet peeve is people who buy parts that are advertised as NOS but are still available from the dealer and than they pay more than retail for them! Since I work in the parts department of a GM dealer here is a deal I will offer to anybody reading this. If you have a need for a part, and it can be for any type of GM car or light duty truck, e-mail me at turbofish38@hotmail.com .
I will:
1-Give you the part number
2-See if it is still available from GM
3-If it is discontinued, I will try to locate one. I have a data base with over 8,000 dealers.
You can also check eBay listings with me. For example if you see an item and need to know if the part number listed is for your car. Just make sure you send me the link for the listing.
Now what I cant guarantee is that I will do this in a timely matter, Right now I am in the process of upgrading my work PC so as soon as I get another e-mail address I'll post it here,and all of my resources I keep at home and like all of you I have a life outside of my job so I dont check my e-mail until after 10:00PM on the average and sometimes I wont go near the computer on the weekends. But I will try to get back to you within 24 hours if I can.
There are so many resources that I have at my disposal that the average guy doesn't so please if you need help feel free to check with me, I owe everybody a favor in one form or another and I'd like to think of this as passing the favors on. Anything else you guys can think of let me know, I'm sure I can do it.Also I understand the money situation so if you just need the number to check partsdirect.com dont be afaid to ask and since I have been doing this for 25 years I can almost say it will be the right part number!

Hey I forgot to add in case you didn't know, my name is Eric Fisher.

Just for an example I just looked up the ESC controller Rich was talking about and here is what I have...
78-79 Regal,Riviera ECS Control part numbers:1894485,16005954,16005964,1228787
Discontinued 04/89 No dealers showing stock
80 Regal,Riviera W/O closed-loop ECS Control part numbers:16006764,16011825
Discontinued 03/92 No dealers showing stock

The mutiple parts are succesions showing from first to last number issued.

Eric

Back