Not a tech question but I need to know the market value on this car

gn.87

Time Capsule
It is a 1987 GN with 1,700 miles. It is a hardtop car. I kinda have an idea what the current market value is but need some input from the community. Please help. It comes with the books, and window sticker. I plan on enjoying the car and will not make it a garage queen.

Adam

I paid $16k (probably a little high) for an 87 hardtop with 60,876 miles. Completely cherry except for the factory paint job. All fabric excellent condition. The ONLY thing wrong with it is the windshield washer pump is bad. Bought it from the original owner who had all the books & owner's manuals, dealer pamphlets, service records, window sticker, tons of magazines & ATR newsletters, and ALL of the original equipment boxed up if any had been replaced. I kept a copy of the original title from when he bought it. Came with both the original chip and the recall chip as well.

Just a point of reference for you - I'm sure other guys smarter than I am will chime in. Sounds like a great car.

@1700 mi, and if the seller is on top of values, I'm thinking it'll be in the 25-30K range.....

@1700 mi, and if the seller is on top of values, I'm thinking it'll be in the 25-30K range.....

He is at 32k and I want to scoop it up for $28,000 or 29,000k. I will try my best. At 32k I will have to pass and keep looking for a 20-30k mile car for under 20k. Thanks for the opinions. It is very much appreciated.

Adam

I paid $26K 2 years ago for one with 1,300 miles that was perfect enough to win Concours gold at the GS Nationals with just some detailing. I don't think the market has improved since then. $32K is high, and in my opinion $28K is high also.

Have fun making it driveable. You can pretty much count on trashcaning the entire fuel system and going through the cooling system if he just let it sit. Speaking from experience :)

My 26k mile 86 GN developed a vacuum leak, apparently from the back of the intake manifold. Anybody else have this happen with a low mile car that isn't driven much?

I decided to pass on this car. You guys are right. This price might be a tad bit high. I found another car that is more in line with the current market.