You can type here any text you want

Not getting power to headight motors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

Any ideas where to start? The previous owner had some issues with the switch on the dash. So I am thinking that is a good place to start. Any ideas what I should test first?

TIA

A 12 volt test light is your best friend! Most of the time it's either a switch or the ground that is the prime suspect......

Unplug the switch test for potential and continuity! Sounds hard but very simplistic.....

I used a test light at the feeds to the light. So I assume I need to pull the switch out of the dash? Do you mean the ground on the switch?

Unplug the switch and test the hot wire to a ground if it dosen't light you have either a bad fuse or the wire has shorted. If you have a light then most likely it's the switch itself.....

Where is the fuse at? I looked all over and could not find it.

It's prolly not on it's own fuse. It'll be tied in with something else. If everything else is working(defros, fog lights, interior light, etc.) try the switch or pull each fuse and see if it's blown. If you can read the labels it may be gauges or lights, etc. it the fuse box undeer the drivers side. But as I said if everything else is working it's prolly the switch....

Back