You can type here any text you want

Notching the frame

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ONLYAV6

I want to buy 17'' x 9.5 on the rear and 17'' x 8 on the front, will I have to notch the frame to have 9.5 rims, if so what has to be done to notch the frame.

Thanks

I want to buy 17'' x 9.5 on the rear and 17'' x 8 on the front, will I have to notch the frame to have 9.5 rims, if so what has to be done to notch the frame.

Thanks

17x9.5s with 4.75 backspacing should fit fine without a frame notch. I have 17x9's on mine with plenty of clearance to the frame and inner fender lip.

But the wheels are going to stick out instead of being tucked under the car.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

No they aren't:

DSC_0971-01.jpg

DSC_0945-01.jpg

DSC_1019-01.jpg

Mine are 9's. I don't think the extra 1/2 inch will make a big difference. Mine are tucked in really nice.

Simmons Wheels

Those are the same wheels that came on my/this car when i bought it?? Nice looking on the car:cool: How does it ride? Be honest.

Attachments

• wheels and tires for sale 2 012.jpg
    wheels and tires for sale 2 012.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 243
Those are the same wheels that came on my/this car when i bought it?? Nice looking on the car:cool: How does it ride? Be honest.

It rides good. I get a bit of tramlining that I didn't get with the 15"s it had on it when I drove it home from buying it, but the ride is good. I have 17's - I hear the ride starts to deteriorate with 18's but have never ridden in a car with them so do not know this for sure.

You asked me to be honest - what was your experience with the Simmons?

Nice looking car you have - like the color.

Rob

Rob your car looks nice as hell. the more i see it the more i like it.

Rob,
The tires on the Simmons I had might have been the cause. I put them on my other low mile GN ,the car ride was rough and was all over the road. I had to take them off and go back to my other wheels. They look great on your car though. The only difference was mine were black. I like the color myself. thanks.

Rob,
The tires on the Simmons I had might have been the cause. I put them on my other low mile GN ,the car ride was rough and was all over the road. I had to take them off and go back to my other wheels. They look great on your car though. The only difference was mine were black. I like the color myself. thanks.

I am getting ready to buy new tires - what kind did you have as I don't want to buy those!

I have no idea that was 3 years ago and i sold the wheels at the first and last Indy show they had a couple years ago.

Rob's car

ChavoLC2 - you should know my car - it has your dutt necked intercooler on it!

Rob

Oh I know your car but just like Boost 231 said the more I see your car the more I like it. Saw it that one time when I met you at Sonic with Roc87 and I was impressed It is one of the cleanest T's I've ever seen.

Back