Now that I've decided can I hit a HIGH 10

But ive got a 10 second combo, im going to run 10s with my dyno tune by god, god damn thats right, run 10s with this car its got a 10 second dyno tune, spent so much money on my ride, my ride ive spent so much money on it.. Dyno tune, 10 second combo, 10 second combo its gonna run it, all i have to do is buy all the best parts, parts that is, tons of money spent on it, its got the best stuff that we've seen, seen it... Its gonna run a 10 second pass i can feel it NOW. NOW how do i set the cam sensor again? :rolleyes:

Is 8.7 Kr bad ?

You are not right ! I don't care who you are, that is funny !

Mike

Oh he is "right". And I might have got him riled up earlier this evening with a 12 pack of friends. LOL. Sorry guys. Buy seriously, we ARE trying to help...............

If it helps bigcap, I went 11.0's with a PT51 and a lot less stuff than you have. But if there is one thing I have learned about these cars it is that every single one is different. Go have fun.............

Internet tough guy. You had to come back in be demeaning and rude. I won't sink to your levels and say what I really would like to. Have a good night and good weekend. You really showed your ass in this post.

Wise eyes gots 2 b intranet SLY STONE?

I did agree the car could run 10s with the te60 turbo :) My cars been so close with the ta version, but could do so much better with a larger turbo.

I really hope you understand that i was just trying to help you with your goals of getting a 10 second time slip, there is so much more to getting a car dialed in to a perfect tune than throwing a set of tires on it and heading to the track with a "DYNO TUNE" ... If you dont believe me, please research it before you crap up your own thread again.

Grumpy knows what i am talking about, woulda coulda shoulda is the easiest way to describe what your going thru right now, damn we have all been there a few times in our lives, doesnt matter how old we are.
Woulda ran it. Coulda ran it. Shoulda ran it. You could pour 100K into it and if you dont have the right type of people helping you, you Shoulda ran to another group of people(us) asking for advise and accepting it as it is.

You did start the thread with only wanting to run a te60 turbo, scrambled to say you are eventually going to run a 70mm, but settled on a 66mm. :confused:

I do not know what i did to piss in your morning breakfast, but you seem to keep on calling me names and trying to bump your chest that you spent so much money on your project, it could pass or fail.

I guess i will keep this rolling in my mind so i dont waste my time helping you in the future... Kind of reminds me of a Saturday night skit...

But ive got a 10 second combo, im going to run 10s with my dyno tune by god, god damn thats right, run 10s with this car its got a 10 second dyno tune, spent so much money on my ride, my ride ive spent so much money on it.. Dyno tune, 10 second combo, 10 second combo its gonna run it, all i have to do is buy all the best parts, parts that is, tons of money spent on it, its got the best stuff that we've seen, seen it... Its gonna run a 10 second pass i can feel it NOW. NOW how do i set the cam sensor again? :rolleyes:

Is 8.7 Kr bad ?

Once again I have requested to have this thread deleted. One of the alerts is problematic posting/rude etc. I did nothing to provoke your alcohol induced rant.

Why not start with the TE60 while you break in the engine and slowly tune? Once ready to go to the track you'll see where you stand. With a Powerlogger you can continue to tune what you got. More goes into tens than just raw power. You need a good launch which you'll need to learn with your new combo. A dyno tune is good but the track shows much more. You probably can get a low 11 or high 10 with your combo but don't forget all the other safety stuff you'll need as well. I'ld wait until your more comfortable with the car before getting a bigger turbo. You might need that money for other stuff first like roll bar, c-clip eliminators, etc.

Why not start with the TE60 while you break in the engine and slowly tune? Once ready to go to the track you'll see where you stand. With a Powerlogger you can continue to tune what you got. More goes into tens than just raw power. You need a good launch which you'll need to learn with your new combo. A dyno tune is good but the track shows much more. You probably can get a low 11 or high 10 with your combo but don't forget all the other safety stuff you'll need as well. I'ld wait until your more comfortable with the car before getting a bigger turbo. You might need that money for other stuff first like roll bar, c-clip eliminators, etc.

I figured since the CPT66 I could afford right now instead of the TE60 I might as well go with the bigger turbo. Before I had the car rebuilt I was running the car with a TE44BB so it will definately take some time for me to learn and adjust to the car. It will be a learning process on relearning the car again. I'm looking forward to it. And your right after I get it back I've got some more suspension equip. to purchase and safety equip.

Once again I have requested to have this thread deleted. One of the alerts is problematic posting/rude etc. I did nothing to provoke your alcohol induced rant.

well you asked for opinions an ya got it .. after ya tell someone something and they just say "oh Ill just do this or that" because you know more :rolleyes: welll you are goin to get some crap thrown back at ya:p ok outta here :cool:

Oh as far as the "alcohol induced rant".. I still talk to a lot of Buick guys an ya post like this are a topic of discussion. Gives us something to joke and laugh about :biggrin: an we haven't even been drinking !!

We don't delete threads just because someone is unhappy with the direction of the thread, sorry that is just the rules...

We don't delete threads just because someone is unhappy with the direction of the thread, sorry that is just the rules...

Then you shouldn't have in your alert section that rude and abusive posting will not be tolerated. I haven't belittled anyone however since certain individuals have 9000 posts it's acceptable. I disagreed with one individual and got unleashed upon and that's okay. Hell all I wanted to know is if my setup was capable of a certain number. That's it. Not to start a war with someone.

Then you shouldn't have in your alert section that rude and abusive posting will not be tolerated. I haven't belittled anyone however since certain individuals have 9000 posts it's acceptable. I disagreed with one individual and got unleashed upon and that's okay. Hell all I wanted to know is if my setup was capable of a certain number. That's it. Not to start a war with someone.

Re-read the progression of the thread... Many members called you out on your getting mad over responses...

Bryan can get harsh at times but we have seen hundreds of guys like you come and go... Guys come on the board for the first time and make big posts talk crap only to go away and never to be heard from again... It gets old...

You asked a question and didn't like the answer and got pissed, looks like to me he was just returning the flavor...

Jeez, he really doesnt like your Bryan! Stay away from this thread!!!

Pronto, buddy, we finally agree on something! LOL:biggrin:

I dont know about you guys but Im outta here......... have fun bigcap, post up your results.

Pronto, buddy, we finally agree on something! LOL:biggrin:

I'm sure there's plenty for us to agree on!;)
bigcap, maybe it was the way you worded the first post that kind of turned people off or set a tone, I don't know. When you ask for opinions you're going to get a pretty big range and some you might not like. There are many ways to get a TB to perform but the bottom line is you need logical combination and tune. There's quite a few people that get it done. I've listened and learned from them. Show some respect and you'll get it.;)

Bigcap just bring the car to the track in the spring and the locals will be willing to help if you ask questions..... also a car very local to you went 10s with a ta49 so you can diffidently do it with a te60. I helped tune a te60 turbod car that went 126mph with a 85 housing so even at a very heavy race weight 10s are possible.

Bigcap just bring the car to the track in the spring and the locals will be willing to help if you ask questions..... also a car very local to you went 10s with a ta49 so you can diffidently do it with a te60. I helped tune a te60 turbod car that went 126mph with a 85 housing so even at a very heavy race weight 10s are possible.

Yea i can vouch for the 10.98 that was done with a ta49 unknown cam and alky it didn't look good comming out to the 60' but after that the car woke up and hauled a$$ it's all in the tune throwing parts at it my mke you go slower not faster

you have PM.

What I can tell you based on experince is you definatly have a impressive list of mods and you should definatly see your goal with your engine combanation...However, HP is useless unless you can get it to stick to the pavement with a good susspenssion tune. You mention slicks which will definatly be great help in doing this for you...There wasnt too much said as far as your susspension goes as far as mods..But you will most definatly want to upgrade your axles and maybe consider more splines if you havent done so because with good HP, susspension and slicks that will definatly snap stock axles like a toothpick..If you are useing stock axles still and money will limit you in upgrading them soon, I would highly consider some sort of c-clip eliminator because if you loose an axle you could find your self with more headaces including body damage from snapping an axle comming out of the hole on a good launch...Again, The #1 key to good E.T's and low 60ft times is weight transfer and a good susspension tune that will make your break your 10 sec goal.. After your axle upgrade which would be the first thing i'd do but then you will need to upgrade your CA's, a good anti-roll bar( also loose your front sway bar or at least disconect at the track...Also..Last Most other important thing...SAFETY.. I notice there was nothing stated as far as a cage or rollbar which is definatly somthing you will want to consider doing in near future because if you obtain your goal it will do no good on the track because they wont let you run without one going that fast...I got in troble at the track when I took my pro-street G-body out the first time to test and see what numbers it would run and my car was phrohibited to race again without a cage...which has what has prompted my current build up thread under the fabrication sub group section

Last Most other important thing...SAFETY.. I notice there was nothing stated as far as a cage or rollbar which is definatly somthing you will want to consider doing in near future because if you obtain your goal it will do no good on the track because they wont let you run without one going that fast..

ok you had to go an say that..let the pissin an moaning begin :p .. the majority of Buick guys don't believe in it. :rolleyes:

LMFAO.....Ok..If it's your first time everybody at least once has had that 10sec dream until reality smacks you in the face...Right???? Thought I'd give the bennifit of a doubt...Notice I did not say you will reach 10's just saying if he reaches 10's would need to consisder a cage...I definatly was debateing even stepping into this one..lol:biggrin: