Now that I've decided can I hit a HIGH 10

I forgot to thank Beemer for his explanation and clarity of what we were talking about

BW

You talked to me like a 12 year old and have a negative attitude. Then you ridicule me? I disagree with some of your advice but I didn't know you were Jack Cotton or some other expert. Your a guy on a Buick forum who believes HE KNOWS IT ALL. Don't worry I asked the mods to delete my thread because I don't need negativity and degrading comments. BTW- I'll be sure to tell my tuner about your advice.

It's all about how you say something to someone and apparantly courtesy is a class you must of missed.

BTW- I know a 10 sec. slip is in my future and if I only nail a low 11 so be it. But I know I'm happy with my setup and will eventually upgrade the turbo.

Since your too much of a wuss to say it here, i think you should wait till you get your car running, get a bigger turbo, and start shooting for a faster time if you can get a larger convertor.

Your friendly moderator.
BW :)

I have that turbo and a tighter convertor in my grey car, im shooting for 10.9 with a stock cubic inch, ported heads and drag radials. It should do better than that, capable of high 9s, but it tough to put a actual number on it.

I dont know what yours might run on only 23psi, everything out there is a factor of it being slower or faster, Grumpy, his daughters car went high nines with alot of factory parts, most out there are garage queens like mine, just waiting to actually hit the track.

BW

I wanna turn the boost up more but nervous about it sense it's the stock longblock taking it to either cottons,ottos, or buickturboperformace to get tuned this spring. Hoping for a low 11 at about 117 but who knows

Wow maturity has shined through. Wuss. Nice I don't see the point in internet arguments. Because I sensed a negative vibe from you your showing your internet balls. You win. I lose. Happy? Post PMs do as you wish. I don't wish to argue. I've actually decided on the CPT 66 Turbo but why would I post that on a Turbo thread when your showing off.

For those with positivity I've decided to spend some extra and grab the turbonetics CPT66 it says it should be perfect for tens so I should definately be happy with this turbo.

Wow maturity has shined through. Wuss. Nice I don't see the point in internet arguments. Because I sensed a negative vibe from you your showing your internet balls. You win. I lose. Happy? Post PMs do as you wish. I don't wish to argue. I've actually decided on the CPT 66 Turbo but why would I post that on a Turbo thread when your showing off.

For those with positivity I've decided to spend some extra and grab the turbonetics CPT66 it says it should be perfect for tens so I should definately be happy with this turbo.

Are you off your medication or something? I dont understand it, you ask questions and people answer them, then you get defensive about peoples answers when your car is still not even running???? :confused:

I see the rear bar, the M/T's, what else to help you hook??

The CPT66 is more than enough turbo to get you there.

Get it to the track and post up some times.................its all speculation right now. I have stacks of slips and I have yet to tickle my intial goal of an 11.00's. Do you have enough, yes by all means, yes! I guess what I have learned without a doubt is it takes time, patience, and trial and error. Hell it took me 4 years to get better than a 1.70 60ft time! Who cares, I had fun doing it! My 11.00 will happen this year. If it doesn't I'll throw a 6776 on thier like everyone else and shoot for 10.90's.

Hey big - in lower case letters...

I can picture you being a 23 year old "kid" that wants a fast car, and to be somebody in their home town. I am trying to not be a stereotypical onlooker. You ask for advice and people tell you that you have mods that could take advantage of a larger turbo. You want to look at it as an insult, but they are telling you from experience, something that hopefully time will grant you with - but you are definately lacking now. You seemed to post some negative attitude not only in this thread, but also to a very knowledgable person by means of a PM. Learn to not burn bridges - first off. Next, accept constructive criticism as well. Nobody cut you down or was trying to label you as any type of a loser. Move on and keep positive about your Buick build up.

As for your tuner and dyno setup ability. I will tell you straight out. The dyno can be a liar to you. Get your car on the track. That is the ultimate truth. Nobody really cares what the dyno says. It can only give you an idea of how things are working in your car. I gaurantee you that my smaller than your TE60 turbo, will smack the hell out of considerably larger turbo equiped cars, because they are not properly tuned.

Remember that they say that money can't buy love. Yes, enough money may buy you enough love, but it will take more money to make you car go fast enough without experience. Enjoy and prosper...

Mike

Well said Mike.............. just trying to help. Guess we will go back under our rocks and let people figure out their own cars huh?:eek:

I recognized in the very beg. that the car could utilize a larger turbo. I basically wanted guesstimation as to whether the car had the ability to reach the requested goal. I stated that one person had a negative response (ONE) and I'm told I sound like a child, named called through PM. I have decided to go with the larger turbo and just do it all at once because of tax returns. Now the proposed combo is exactly what I am looking for. However, since all I was looking for was pure speculation I wasn't asking for a within 10th of a second guess I could understand some of the threads. It was one thread in particular that I stated was negative and ultimately tried to deal with the individual through PM with him not wanting to cooperate. I'm not looking to argue with a soul I was asking for GUESSTIMATION. For God's Sake why so serious? I have also requested that this thread be deleted due to it's negative nose dive (which I am not helping by posting it on it again but since I'm compared to being 23 I might as well act half my age) and that has not been complied with. If I could delete it myself I could. I never meant to come off as a know it all I just wanted to see that the 10G plus amount of modifications would place me close to my goal. My mechanic and tuner are very well versed in the vehicles and there is no reason to pot shot them either. I don't need to get into the history of this car (which is my second turbo Buick) that I got from a member here. He was deceitful, lied and the car blew up (literally) within a month after purchasing it. After inspecting the engine once the car blew it had none of the aftermarket internals the seller claimed. Now I can't get too in depth into this because the car is already in the court systems due to him promising me the car and not delivering for almost 8 mths after the contract agreed date. But I have had alot of bad experiences and now that this car that has caused me so much headache is close to being back on the road and I'm basically rebuilding and modding her hand and hand with my mechanic, machine shop, tuner, trim shop I am like a kid at Christmas. My goal is to reach a ten second time slip. If it doesn't happen the first trip down the track I'll make adjustments until I do. All I wanted to know and basically reverify my own knowledge that I had the equipment to do it. Not get into a childish flaming war with internet Rambo. :confused:

IMHO,

Keep the 3000 stall converter. Get a new dbl BB 62-65 turbo. It will be very streetable and make it much easyer to get into the tens with a "good" tune. Which brings me to the second (and most important) piont.

A "good" tune.
Even IF this "Dyno Guru" can put a dyno tune on your car. It's a DYNO tune. Dynos are great tools to learn what your car does and doesn't like, in a controlled invironment. This knowledge can then be used for tuning on the street and track, where loads, cooling air flows, gear changes, timing and fuel requirments ARE DIFFERENT.

At the power levels that your talking about (aprox 500 RWHP), you NEED to get a good data logger of some sort, and take the time to understand what that little 231 cubic inch engine is trying to tell you. It will be telling you different things at different times, and your dyno wont be there to help you.

Hint: Your data logger IS your dyno.;)

Get with some of the TB locals in your area (the ones that you havn't pissed off yet) and maybe they'll show you the ropes.

The people on this site, are some of the most knowledgable, understanding, and patient people that your going to find on a car site. If you treat them nice, they'll treat you nicer. If you act like a corn-hole with a attitude...

Well let's just say, You'll have a great running twelve second car that you and your dyno guy can be proud of.:)

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

I'd spend some $$ on adjustable shocks, QA1's. They will help dial in the 60ft to get that TE60 into the high 10's otherwise it's an even harder up hill battle.

It looks like the cars gotten heavier so you're going to need to run a lot of boost and timing to get the MPH, especially if your 60ft isn't in the 1.5 range.

Getting a Turbonetics 66 turbo with all the advancement in turbo technology seems a bit rushed IMO. A Borg Warner billet comp is further ahead let alone a PTE62/65. If you want to make use of your mods, BB/Billet67/65 in the .63 with the new 2 Step will give your new mods all they can handle at the track and keep some streetability. ;)

I'd spend some $$ on adjustable shocks, QA1's. They will help dial in the 60ft to get that TE60 into the high 10's otherwise it's an even harder up hill battle.

It looks like the cars gotten heavier so you're going to need to run a lot of boost and timing to get the MPH, especially if your 60ft isn't in the 1.5 range.

Getting a Turbonetics 66 turbo with all the advancement in turbo technology seems a bit rushed IMO. A Borg Warner billet comp is further ahead let alone a PTE62/65. If you want to make use of your mods, BB/Billet67/65 in the .63 with the new 2 Step will give your new mods all they can handle at the track and keep some streetability. ;)

Thank you for the insightful post.:)

Here's my car's mods. It's getting finished at the machine shop and then dyno tuned and then she'll be home. Can I grab a high ten with this combo. I've owned this car for almost a year and have been redoing it and just dropping DOLLAR after DOLLAR into it. This will be my first time with it and I can enjoy it. My goal is high ten. I know your going to say you need a bigger turbo and it will be on the way once I FINALLY get my car back and enjoy and and pay off my mechanic.Rebuilt engine with 40 Bore with Diamond Pistons, Eagle Shaft basically everything I could do to sure up the engine and machine shop it and the Dyno Tune is completed.

bigcap,
With the 66 turbo and your other mods you should be able to hit 10's without too much problem. With Eric's chip (which are pretty much spot on) much of the tuning is taken out of the equation. You still need to monitor everything of course and make changes when necessary. Make sure to get your 60's down (this is key and something that will take seat time). What Boost did you have Eric (TT) set your Alky Chip up for? When you ask folks for advice, everyone is going to have a somewhat different answer. Some answers you will like and some you won't like (as you should already know). There are a bunch of very intelligent Turbo guys here, some are aholes (just like me, depending on what side of the bed I got up on) and some are not. Don't sweat it when someone gives advice you may not want to hear, as you are the one that asked for opinions, and you got some. Anywho......good luck and post up your times or whatnot whenever you make it to the track. :biggrin:

guess WINTER is "officially" here :biggrin: Just throwin out a few "opinions" here. Doesn't matter if ya put $10k + in a car .. A "TUNA" with a dyno can get the car so far as I can see. The track is real world . Dyno is used for a few seconds top end.. 1/4 mile track gets pretty long with your foot burried to the floor.:eek: a 10 sec car better be on a good tune . Things happen quick with detonation.

GUESSTIMATION ... Thats part of my woulda, coulda, shoulda theory :p :cool:

..oh I would seriously look at the new BB Billet turbo's.. Technology is a good thing .

Three things:

1) When you get the car home, go slowly until you get to know its quirks. At 20 PSI of boost things can happen so fast that you can lose a head gasket before you can react....At 26 PSI, well, you get the idea I'm sure. The power logger is a MUST, right from the beginning.

2) Our TR platforms are getting old, and there is/was an accepted leading edge setup for the 10's for each of the decades of the past....Technology for our cars is still changing because of a few leaders who really go about it scientifically.

3) There are about half a dozen people on this board who offer experience getting to the next level with current ideas. When they speak, I listen, then query for additional information to bring me up to speed about the gaps in my TR education concerning current best practices and equipment combinations. A couple of them have posted in this thread and pissed you off. Try to get past that. ;)

Go slowly when you bring your treasure home, or you're going to end up with a pile of parts on the pavement. It does not matter who built it for you, at the performance levels you are seeking, you MUST be ahead of your car in terms of tuning.

Keep posting, let us know how you are doing.
Nobody here is mad at you.
I suspect you already know this, just letting the parent in me speak to encourage you. :)

Yup I know I'm going to be monitoring the scan equip like a hawk. I'm very happy I decided to go with the CPT66 Turbo. I called a few different sponsors of this forum and read off my mods and asked what the ideal turbo would be. The general concensus was the 66BB but I couldn't afford it so the next up was the CPT 66 Turbo. Might as well build her properly the first time instead of getting a turbo I know will need to be upgraded down the road. Now I can focus on more suspension mods.

It was one thread in particular that I stated was negative and ultimately tried to deal with the individual through PM with him not wanting to cooperate. I'm not looking to argue with a soul I was asking for GUESSTIMATION.

I have also requested that this thread be deleted due to it's negative nose dive (which I am not helping by posting it on it again but since I'm compared to being 23 I might as well act half my age) and that has not been complied with. If I could delete it myself I could.

My goal is to reach a ten second time slip. If it doesn't happen the first trip down the track I'll make adjustments until I do. All I wanted to know and basically reverify my own knowledge that I had the equipment to do it. Not get into a childish flaming war with internet Rambo. :confused:

Wise eyes gots 2 b intranet SLY STONE?

I did agree the car could run 10s with the te60 turbo :) My cars been so close with the ta version, but could do so much better with a larger turbo.

I really hope you understand that i was just trying to help you with your goals of getting a 10 second time slip, there is so much more to getting a car dialed in to a perfect tune than throwing a set of tires on it and heading to the track with a "DYNO TUNE" ... If you dont believe me, please research it before you crap up your own thread again.

Grumpy knows what i am talking about, woulda coulda shoulda is the easiest way to describe what your going thru right now, damn we have all been there a few times in our lives, doesnt matter how old we are.
Woulda ran it. Coulda ran it. Shoulda ran it. You could pour 100K into it and if you dont have the right type of people helping you, you Shoulda ran to another group of people(us) asking for advise and accepting it as it is.

You did start the thread with only wanting to run a te60 turbo, scrambled to say you are eventually going to run a 70mm, but settled on a 66mm. :confused:

I do not know what i did to piss in your morning breakfast, but you seem to keep on calling me names and trying to bump your chest that you spent so much money on your project, it could pass or fail.

I guess i will keep this rolling in my mind so i dont waste my time helping you in the future... Kind of reminds me of a Saturday night skit...

But ive got a 10 second combo, im going to run 10s with my dyno tune by god, god damn thats right, run 10s with this car its got a 10 second dyno tune, spent so much money on my ride, my ride ive spent so much money on it.. Dyno tune, 10 second combo, 10 second combo its gonna run it, all i have to do is buy all the best parts, parts that is, tons of money spent on it, its got the best stuff that we've seen, seen it... Its gonna run a 10 second pass i can feel it NOW. NOW how do i set the cam sensor again? :rolleyes:

Is 8.7 Kr bad ?