You can type here any text you want

NT555r vs ET Street SS?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I understand it's all about what kind of goals you want.
My goals are just to be able to drive the damned thing at this point without thinking I will suffer a blowout from rubbing... Or dry rot hahaha.

Again, I don't race. My car is quick, but not pretty. I am not looking for track times to improve, as I only know the car went 12.50's, and that was not running even close to properly, before I owned it.

Let me preface by saying I have run both but on an 18" wheel. My car makes 500+ to the tire, street tune. I ran the regular 555 non r first. The car was basically Undrivable on the street, instant tire smoke and rev limiter with full throttle under 80 mph. I put on the 555r's and it was drivable on the street - 0-2 psi launch and would usually haze the tires. Not dead hooked but manageable. I had 25 passes, 15 dyno pulls and and 1000 miles on them. They held up well and did great on the street as far as "driving". They had a best of 1.48 60ft at the track. They had a tendency to inconsistently "tire shake" when the convertor grabbed the engine at the track, Usually resulting in a mid 1.60 60 ft. I now have the MT on and they don't feel as good "cruising", they are better hooking on the street. I have yet to have them on the track, but I expect them to be better than the Nitto's.

If I were using the car as the way you described your usage, I would run the 555r's.

Back