You can type here any text you want

NT555R

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larrym

West Coast Newfy
Just picked up my new tires for this season.
These look pretty sick I was surprised with how much tread depth there was.
I have ran the Toyo proxies on my 16" rims but the Nitto's look like a rain tire in comparison!
It mostly a street car with couple trips to the track a year so these should be the perfect compromise.
My MT's were great at the track but spooky if the roads were wet I ended up just using them at the track with BFG radial TAs for the street which are hopeless for traction even with dry pavement.

Let us know how you like them. Size? I've been debating this switch too.

I have a set of 16s as well with Toyo proxies but they are 275/45/16 only 26" tall good all around tire. I wanted to try 28" tire so I used my pro star knockoffs that were 15" for these.
The MT's I have on my turbines are wore out 255/60/15 and 27".

How'd you like the proxies? Its the toyo drag radial right? I'm lookin getting a set too

I had a pair of the Toyo proxies tq's on my mustang and was very pleased with the street manners and wet handling is quite forgiving. I went 1.88 60' on 305-35-18s. I know the size and car is not a buick but I thought they worked well.

My review is pretty much the same as the pony car review. Good tire on the street decent at the track 1.8 was my short time as well over all I liked the proxies but I wanted to try a 28" tire.

I used to run the 555R. It was great in the rain with a lot of tread, but the grip on the dragstrip oftentimes left a lot to be desired. Be sure to smoke them thoroughly in the box.

Like Tommy said, they are good on the street and are the best at handling rain out of any DR I've had. But you usually have to put a lot of heat in them to get them to hook hard at the track.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I only go to the track a couple times a year should be a good compromise for my habits Radial TAs are useless on dry pavement.

Coming from the Fox mustang world lots of guys have tried these. You need to to do a John Force Burnout to get these things to hook like MT's

Yes their life is longer, but less sticky on the track.

Story.. Guy at the track had these on his LS GTO. Running consistent 12.70's but complaining about his short times. While chatting i told him to hold his Burnout for a while longer. In turn he picked up a tenth on his ET

doesn't a tenth up top work out to .05 on the short time?
If you shave a 10th of the 60 ft you can pick up 2 10ths in ET.

What do the Nitto's actually measure? I have heard they measure small? Can you get me the actual height and section width?

For a 16in wheel the only size I can find is 245/50/16. I'm looking for 255/50's though. I guess BFG drags would be the next best alternative.

They will get you in the 1.5's. 275-40-17, 14-16psi, drag bags, tubular poly lowers, adjustable tubular uppers, and hold the burn out at 50mph for 2-3sec. I'm running nto5r now and they are decent. I don't drive my car in the rain anymore but had a couple issues with the 555r's when I use to.

doesn't a tenth up top work out to .05 on the short time?
If you shave a 10th of the 60 ft you can pick up 2 10ths in ET.

I've always been closer to .1 in the 60' equals .15 on the big end. Not quite double as you are stating, but I'm sure every car is a little different.

Back