You can type here any text you want

O.K. What Now!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

I just had all of the bearings and seals changed in the rear end. The guy who worked on it for me had it apart five times to try to shim it differently thinking that was the cause of the loud howling noise. nothing he did made it better. What else could it be?

Razor said:
Ring and pinion are tweaked.

sorry Bud they aren't tweaked there gone !! it's like the girlfriend being pregnant ...you are or you arn't :p
where ya having problems with the rear ??? :confused: to have it "redone" ??

Have a set for sale if your interested,have spare set, but went to a 9in. ford instead of trying to fix the old stuff. let me know?

thanks JD

Grumpy said:
sorry Bud they aren't tweaked there gone !! it's like the girlfriend being pregnant ...you are or you arn't :p
where ya having problems with the rear ??? :confused: to have it "redone" ??
Yes I was getting the same howling noise i'm getting now. It started out of nowwhere after I left the track, and was almost all the way home.

Do you think it is worth putting a new ring and pinion in it? After having the bearings and seals changed I already have a decent amount invested into it. I could of already had a whole new rear. :(

Does anyone know if a new ring and pinion are available anywhere with the 3.27 ratio. If not what's is the best axle to upgrade to, and with what ratio? Thanks

3:73 are available from multiple sources new.

Good used 3:27 can be had cheaply as well if you take your time and do your shopping.

If u dont know rears/gears take someone who does or take them to someone before u buy them.

9 bolt is a good rear, but it tends to get expensive in a hurry and moreso the less work u can do yourself.

Try 9bolt.com and diffsolutions. Also search under 9 bolt at thirdgen.org.

later
Jeremy

Back