You can type here any text you want

o2 readings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JC89tta

Hey guys iv got a question.. I thinking maybe my o2 is going south but im not sure.. anyways when i start the car it mye reading are any where from say 600 to 820.. but say after 10 mins they drop to 500 and i even get readings of 0? iv also noticed my cross counts are rather slow.. Thanks for any info that can be shared..

How long does it take your CC to go from 0-250 and do it again? You can tell if the o2 sensor is bad by this.

Jason

How long does it take your CC to go from 0-250 and do it again? You can tell if the o2 sensor is bad by this.

Jason

Yep, let it get up to Op temp and closed loop..at idle the Cross-counts should cycle from 0-255 in less than 90 seconds...
The mv reading of the o2 itself are going to be all over the place as it bounces over and under lamda as it is a switching device....basically the ecm averages the high and low 02 readings to determine the AF.

Hi,
Needless to say, 02 will vary with mixture. Are you having a problem with the way it varies, or the amount of variation? If you have a fixed sensor reading, then you have a problem.

Some chips are open loop idle.. careful yours doesnt do this.

I usually test the cross counts while cruising, that way you are def in closed loop. Should move quickly.. if not put a new AC Delco O2 in there. AFS20 is the part number.

If you are running leaded fuel is the Denso o2 sensor a better option? Thank you.

Problem with the denso is if it gets lazy.. wont code. The stocker is a definate good/bad deal. No in-between.

Careful with in-between readings.. they can get you into trouble.

im running a turbo tweek chip.. set for 100 and 20 degrees of timing.. anyways im running a denso o2, iv had it on about a month.. i havent run any leaded gas.. but i'll have to take the car for a spin and see what my cross counts are.. And i just bought a Razzor.. all iv gotta say is its a great kit, comes with everything u need! i didn't have to run to tha parts store once!

Problem with the denso is if it gets lazy.. wont code. The stocker is a definate good/bad deal. No in-between.

Careful with in-between readings.. they can get you into trouble.

If I had an alky kit i wouldn't have to worry about leaded gas, and a Denso o2.:biggrin:

well my cross counts seem to be fine cyclying from 0 to 260 or so but my os readings at times still read zero.. and when i go in to boost im lucky to get 625.. its really lean.. im thinking about checking fuel pressure tomorrow.. Could my pump maybe be going out?

If you have the stock pump change it! Stock were good 17 years ago, not today. Lucky you havent blown yet if you stay in it long at 625..

Jason

nbsensor.jpg

Take O2's with a grain of salt. There more of a switch than a finely tuned instrument.

Back