O2 sensor question

JSD69Vette

I have two heated O2 sensors on my car, one upstream and one down. I need to replace them but I haven't found via a search of this site how to identify them.

The upstream one has 2 white, one black and one gray wire.

The down stream one has one white, one red, one black and one yellow wire.

where can I purchase these and how do I know what to order? Vendors on the site? Or can I simple bring them to a parts store and match them up?

Thanks for the help.

whether or not anyone cares I did manage to find out what vehicles the O2 sensors I was looking for are from.

the bosch 5 wire WB that goes to my PLX device is from a Caddy SLR '04 -06 and the o2 is from a Dodge durango 4.7l 01-03.

What prompts you to think they need replacing? Have they been polluted with leaded race gas??

TurboDave.

as you read in the A/F ratio post, I was thinking that they were giving me bad readings. Turns out after replacement they weren't.

I need to take the time, re-learn tuning these cars after not really driving this car (hard) for two years while I built my own house.

Time to start palyin' again....WooHooo!

There's plenty of help here. Lot's of Translator GenII users, and even us Translator Pro users could help.

BTW, how in the world did you ever figure out that that particular Caddy uses the Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor with the square connector????

sometimes they just need to be calibrated, not replaced

PLX doesn't require calibration. Thier controllers are a bit more sophisticated. And as JSD found out there wasn't anything wrong with them.

BTW, how in the world did you ever figure out that that particular Caddy uses the Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor with the square connector????

lol..... my question too - regardless though, THANK YOU! saves me the time of figuring it out.... on my old Innovate unit i know it was a VW part no...... sux that i have a few spares of those. Before i purchased the PLX unit i thought i might get lucky and they would be the same.... oh well:rolleyes: - Happy Spoolin'

aaron

PS JSD69Vette, Forgot to ask Caddy SLR....huh? Did you mean Caddilac XLR?

I did mean XLR, sorry. I had the fortunate opportunity to deal with a very patient guy at my local NAPA, he spent the time to cross-reference the numbers stamped on the unit and managed to find the vehicle it came stock on.