You can type here any text you want

Obtain a Passport (questions)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Just had a business partner asked me if I had a passport :eek:

Anybody obtained one of these? What is the process?

I am going to google it as well but thought I would ask the experts.

I got mine at the post office.

You can download the forms and fill them out before you go.
Get your photo done at a store that has a passport camera to save yourself a few bucks.

You're going to need a certified copy of your actual birth certificate, (a certificate of live birth won't be enough...apparently Obama doesn't need a passport) drivers license, and a few other things.

It's a big PITA, but once you get one all you have to do is renew it.

Usually your local post office will handle passport requests. You will need original birth certificate and proof of residence, something like a driver's license and one copy of each. You need to fill out an application in person. The fees are $165 I think. You also need 2 passport size photos. Full details at:

First Time Applicants

Good luck.

I got mine at the post office.

You can download the forms and fill them out before you go.
Get your photo done at a store that has a passport camera to save yourself a few bucks.

You're going to need a certified copy of your actual birth certificate, (a certificate of live birth won't be enough...apparently Obama doesn't need a passport) drivers license, and a few other things.

It's a big PITA, but once you get one all you have to do is renew it.

It's not a PITA at all. Just take the proper documents, two photos, payment, & fill out/submit application at post office. Within a couple of weeks, you'll have your passport. Won't take but 15-30 minutes at the most.

You going to visit Charlie...........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Since you are going through all the motions, go ahead a get momma one 2, that way they can be renewed at the same time and if you wait till you both are going somewhere sometimes they are very slow at returning them.

Osama Bin JohnDeereGN will be on the no fly list after an 18hr flight and enough crown & 7's;):biggrin::biggrin:

It's not a PITA at all. Just take the proper documents, two photos, payment, & fill out/submit application at post office. Within a couple of weeks, you'll have your passport. Won't take but 15-30 minutes at the most.

It was for me. I had my original birth certificate in my hand ( the one with my footprints), and it wasn't good enough. I had to fill out more paperwork and mail it to the state I was born in and wait to get certified copies. Then, my local PO only does passports a couple days a week from like 10am-3pm...it was a lot harder than it should be. I'm sure it's not that bad everywhere, but it was here.

You going to visit Charlie...........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Since you are going through all the motions, go ahead a get momma one 2, that way they can be renewed at the same time and if you wait till you both are going somewhere sometimes they are very slow at returning them.
Now thats a great idea Ronnie :cool:
Osama Bin JohnDeereGN will be on the no fly list after an 18hr flight and enough crown & 7's;):biggrin::biggrin:

You got that right Big Daddy:cool: Use that Crowna and 7 to wash down a xanax before take off :D:

It isn't bad- wife and I just went to the city hall here and renewed our oldest and younger daughters passports- once there done there easy to renew- I believe once they are 16, passports are good for 10 yrs... In-laws are in Canada so we go across the border frequently...

Once the gov't runs Ty's CCH, the passport request will be rejected. :p

Stick to driving green tractors. :tongue:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

if you have AAA they can do it for you..very easy,everyone should have a passport..simple procedure..a Chinese visa is alittle harder...but that is another story..

Bring $$$ too, They jacked the cost about 40% last year. And the PO requires their fee separate.

Back