OE Tire

Hi wayne i am not sure i understand your question

My car came with 215 65 15 eagle gt

I just replaced as the were dry rotted to 215 65 15 firestones blackwall to try to get similar to the original tire look while having something that should perform reasonably good

No plans for any serious track time and my car other than vacuum brakea is stock

I went with firestone fr710

The firehawks are nice tires to

Not sure if this response helps?

Yes, OEM's were Goodyear Eagle GT's, (215 65 15). Presently running Goodyear Eagle GT II's (215 65 15) on my 86 because the original GT's are no longer produced.
Running an off brand (BF Goodrich knock off's) (245 60 15's) on my 87 though.

BFG TA Radials 235 R60 15 are the exact same diameter as the 215R65 15 OE tire with a slightly larger section width. They fit the OE rims and will not interfere with the front inner fenders or rub anywhere. IMO, they ride and wear better than the OEM Eagle GT tire..........for those of us who remember what the OEM tires felt like!!!!!!

BFG TA Radials 235 R60 15 are the exact same diameter as the 215R65 15 OE tire with a slightly larger section width. They fit the OE rims and will not interfere with the front inner fenders or rub anywhere. IMO, they ride and wear better than the OEM Eagle GT tire..........for those of us who remember what the OEM tires felt like!!!!!!

Exactly what I use......rides really nice.....grips a little better....looks great with my Torque Thrust IIs (thanks, Mark)...the only OEM tire I remember is now around my waist....:rolleyes: and about the same size.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Running an off brand (BF Goodrich knock off's) (245 60 15's) on my 87 though. TurboDave
Are you running these all the way around? any rub on front? I'm currently running 215/65-15 front and 255/60-15 rear bfg's thought about using M/T st 235 or 245 all the way around

Running an off brand (BF Goodrich knock off's) (245 60 15's) on my 87 though. TurboDave
Are you running these all the way around? any rub on front? I'm currently running 215/65-15 front and 255/60-15 rear bfg's thought about using M/T st 235 or 245 all the way around

Yes, all the way around. No rubbing out back and up front it's so light that it doesn't happen all the time. I think the only time I've heard any rubbing at all was when backing up and turning hard.