oem radio

brandnu6

Hello, My radio stopped working? All fuses good. Factory head unit . The one with 5 band graphic eq. Any ideas? Or did it just crap out!

check to make sure the rear power connector that plugs into the radio (on rear, bottom of three connectors) didn't come out, then you can also check for voltage on the power lead. do not have my schematic handy to tell you what wire is hot, which one is ground. but, if you have power to there, then something in the radio gave out..

check to make sure the rear power connector that plugs into the radio (on rear, bottom of three connectors) didn't come out, then you can also check for voltage on the power lead. do not have my schematic handy to tell you what wire is hot, which one is ground. but, if you have power to there, then something in the radio gave out..
Thanks man. I appreciate the input. I will pull radio out, see if something came loose.

Hi everyone. So I have determined that the radio is defiantly the problem. So now I need to know, who repairs them? thanks very much.

yellow is switched and orange is constant hot. If the radio loses the constant hot, it'll quit but the tape player will still work.

If you need your OEM Radio head repaired ,reach out to Tony, barlosal@aol.com. he's the best. he repaired one of my radios
about 5 years ago. if you can't reach Tony , PM garyk1970 on this forum he may be able to help you. ( the wire man } !!

I second Tony. I’ve used him twice in the last three years to add aux input for my iPod to 2 different OEM radios. His communication is quick, pricing is fair, and the turnaround time to get your radio back is quick.

just for clarification...

Tony works on the cassette deck units while Craig Kettner (ccc87gn@yahoo.com) works on the units with CD players. OP noted his radio has the equilizer but did not clarify if it's a cassette deck unit or the upgraded '90s CD unit with the EQ. Both Tony and Craig collect and swap parts with each other all the time.