OH NO, now I've done it!

bishir

Serenity Now
My wife and I bought a house! The worst part...

IT DOESN'T HAVE A GARAGE!!!!!!

*Gasp*

Though we are going to build one! I just hope I don't have to sell the convertible to finance it. Check out pictures of the house and my garage plans below.

http://www.members.cox.net/bishir/id41.htm

I'm planning on a lift in the middle bay. I'm thinking of a backyard buddy, but I may go with a asymmetrical lift. Wow, I'm getting excited. Looks like I'll have a new home for the cars and a new future home for my Cobra kit. Do you think the garage plans pictured are doable for around 20K if I do most of the interior finishing? I'm thinking the RV bay may aid in resell value here in Florida.

James

Originally posted by bishir
My wife and I bought a house!...
...Though we are going to build one![garage]...
...convertible...
...my garage plans below. ..
...I'm planning on a lift in the middle bay...
...new future home for my Cobra kit...
...RV bay may aid in resell value here in Florida.

James

Okay, there are entirely too many cool things going on in your life. LOL! Congrat's on the house, that is a real beauty! Sounds like a great location.

;) :D

Did I mention it was 76 degrees here today and I drove around with the T-tops off! [smile]

Thanks everyone,

There is nothing like a house purchase to put projects on hold. Hopefully, I can still get new rims and tires before the Power Tour. If you know of anyone with some 16" TTII or similar rims for sale please feel free to give them my email address. I may have to cut corners since I now have to build a garage. There no way I'm letting my cars sit outside! Especially with those gators running around!

James

Originally posted by bishir
Thanks everyone,

There is nothing like a house purchase to put projects on hold. Hopefully, I can still get new rims and tires before the Power Tour. If you know of anyone with some 16" TTII or similar rims for sale please feel free to give them my email address. I may have to cut corners since I now have to build a garage. There no way I'm letting my cars sit outside! Especially with those gators running around!

James

GREAT LOOKING house! You are right about a new home putting things/projects on hold. The second thing that will do this is a new baby..........yes, we are expecting and yes, projects are on hold.

Great house though. You'll be so happy. I know I am.

Alan

Hey Bish, congrats on the new house! This is Sean (67_Mustang) The house looks great...have fun with those gators. :D

Perhaps you could build a dormer above that garage your going to build and ill move in , im sort of like Mr Belvieder only i do nothing around the house and instead of teaching valuable life lessons , im more of a bad influence , sort or like that crazy uncle or cousin everyone had . ;)

Yep, still planning on a TT setup. (possibly a single, just depends on what I can find for the cheapest when the time comes to actually buy the turbo's and weld up the pipes...most likely 2 T3's with .60/.60 AR) Dad and I are going to be driving up to Cedar Rapids, IA on the 17th next month to pick up a whole rust free cowl section for $100...has all 3 layers of metal - jumped on that one. :) Also, I'm going to order the floor pans, quarter panels, and all the sheet metal for the engine compartment very soon and start getting it put together. The 351w is totally torn apart, and is ready for the machine shop too. (will probably be in the shop by May or June) Plans right now are forged TRW pistons (9.1 CR), forged h-beam rods, TFS 351W EFI intakes, stock cam replacement, stock crank, stock heads, etc etc. Not looking forward to spending all of that money, but I think it will be worth it. ;) How's the 'vert and the GN? Later!
Sean

Uh oh.....

Al E. Gator!

If you hear hissing, it won't be a kitty......

Careful with your pets! Careful period!

If you put up a fence, don't use chain link. Gators can easily climb 'em. Run cement under a wood fence so they can't dig under it.

Very attractive house!

Nice house. I'm glad we don't have those kind of neighbors up here. Watch your pets and kids!

I really hope that Al E. Gator stays with the house since it's concrete! Sure has fooled a lot of people. :D There are gators in the area though, or so I've heard. One of my dogs would make a good meal for a gator. You can see them on my website. Thanks for the nice comments. I talked to a friend today who is a contractor. He has convinced me that I can act as my own contractor and he'll help me along the way. He knows a few people looking for work. As soon as the house is in my name I can get a permit and get started. I'm going to probably go with an even larger door than the one pictured. 12 x 14 That way I can fit a boat or whatever else I might own into that garage.

James